PDA

View Full Version : Ignition System

UniversalPyro
03-19-2011, 11:19 AM
ok...i need some imput, im trying to decide on a system to buy, i need to know if its better to buy the single modules with remote/box or to buy a single box with all hookups there? I see there is a system out there that has 24 modules, with a box that is wireless, it looks pretty good but i also have no experience with this stuff, i also plan to use this for 1.3 products which im getting soon hopefully. Please let me know what your thoughts are and which way to go. I will take everyone's advice.

Pyro Nation
03-19-2011, 02:25 PM
well, I use a 32 cue.. Works nice with 1.3 .. I got it from one of the advertisers on here. I have 2 - 32 cue ones and 2 -12 single cue ones... Both have there plus's depending on what ya want

http://www.FiringSystems.us

not saying ya have to use these, but for price and quality I like them

pyro man 205
03-19-2011, 08:14 PM
check out www.pyrodirect.com one of the advertisers on here, i got one from theam works great 16 cue .

UniversalPyro
03-20-2011, 09:24 AM
well maybe the best thing to do is to have both systems, I usually do around 12 skids of Class C fireworks and put 15 cakes glued down on each skid, then tie them together with 30second of fuse in between them so they time correctly, so the single 30 cue unit would not work properly cause there is to much distance in between the skids, or i would have to have alot of wire. But the 24 single cues would be good for when i get my B shells, 4 and 5 inch to set up on the 30 cue to fire one at a time.
Is it more of a safety thing that Dave does not put cakes together and them time fuse each cake together? instead of wiring each one up seperately? One more question too, does anyone buy the chained shells for a finale? i was thinking if i got 100 morters and put in 10's i could buy the chains and then fuse them together it would be a faster setup and less likely to break fuse in between the shells, let me know what you think of this.

Pyro Nation
03-20-2011, 11:22 PM
U could do that. I typically use of the 32 cue systems for a finale. As others I start from the finale first and work from there... Finale, then the start of show and whatever falls in between