PDA

View Full Version : Dave's 12 cue firing system!

BigMO
03-17-2011, 09:05 PM
Just a quick question: Have any of you shot with this system and can you shot multiple clip ignitors from one cue. We purchase 3 systems from Dave and have not been able to try this out.

J's12talk
03-17-2011, 09:37 PM
I've got a few of his systems and as long as you remember to put the antenna up on the reciever they seem to work fine. I'm not a big fan of clip on ignitors but I don't see why you couldn't get two to pop.

Pyro Nation
03-28-2011, 08:32 PM
Was trying to find where these systems are.. Is there a link?

pyrodude
03-28-2011, 08:41 PM
BigMO

Be careful testing how many clips you can fire on one cue. If you overload the cue you could easily burn up that cue of the whole system. IMO any system that uses Alkaline batteries as a power source is intended for using e-matches and not consumer clip igniters.

Pyro Nation
03-28-2011, 08:43 PM
I have a couple systems that uses batteries. I find as long as you are looking at decent amount of voltage and most important AMP's. Consumer igniters work rather well. Now I have only tried with 1 per cue though.. I have a video posted on You tube with me testing it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke5YBPTAdCA

pyrodude
03-28-2011, 09:01 PM
One Talon per/cue isn't that much. The resistance is what determines how many igniters will fire but you also need the amperage capacity available to ignite.
I wouldn't use more then one talons per cue. Once alkaline batteries get warm, which they do very rapidly, from high amperage, the available amperage can be cut in half. Cold alkaline batteries also have a greatly reduced amperage available.
I don’t know exactly how much amperage Daves systems put out per/cue but I do however know what it takes to reliably ignite talons, .8 amps to 1.3 amps.
IMO it’s pretty much a system for real e-matches. Like I said before Alkaline batteries are a poor power source as they are made for long time low consumption like in an alarm clock or fire alarm.

Palermitano2
03-28-2011, 09:52 PM
I have this system > If I can make a suggestion what I do is I use 1 clip to light a board of 6 or seven cakes. It works awesome just gotta get creative with the visco and fast fuse where you want it.

BigMO
03-29-2011, 10:29 AM
pyroliffic,

I have that system as well. Looks like it works very good.

Pyro Nation
04-03-2011, 11:11 PM
Oh it does. I am glad I got it. Love using it. Don't know why I waited so long to use firing sytems. I really did like manually fusing and timing things out that way, but using a firing system is a whole new LOVE..lol

Palermitano2
04-03-2011, 11:41 PM
Watch now as you use it you will get more creative spacing cakes....

Mike Extreme
04-04-2011, 10:39 AM
I would love to use a system but I just dont have the room as you guys. I fire of af two docks over the water and there just isn't enough room with over 50 items to fire plus canister shells.

indianahx
04-04-2011, 11:18 AM
That to me seems perfect for a system.....then youre not trying to tip toe over everything while avoiding falling in........i would kill for over-water firing!!!!!