PDA

View Full Version : Working my First Show

bweaver1985
03-16-2011, 10:29 PM
I'm working my First Show @ a Florida Marlin's game in 2 weeks. Does anybody have any advice.

displayfireworks1
03-16-2011, 10:54 PM
That is great news and it sound like it is a major event. I hope you learned some techniques from my videos. My advice would be to get right in there and help with the hard work like unloading and loading the truck. Fireworks are more labor intensive than most people know. If you work hard and look happy about it they will want you around for another display. Bring food and fluids and dare I saw scissors or let’s just say a few tools. If you can get a commercial drivers license with a hazardous materials endorsement that is always a good thing to. Be prepared to get home late and hopefully you will have fun and make some good friends. Before you leave tell the lead shooter to call you for another display, that is if that is what you want, you will know at the end of the night. But someone I get the feeling you are going to be fine.

bweaver1985
03-16-2011, 11:24 PM
I guess i got lucky getting an Electrical Show for my first show with a manual firing system. From what my pyrotecnico manager in tampa says there are several shows coming up. I learned tons from your videos. I have a CDL Class B Permit just have to do the road tests / pre-trip then pass TSA Background check.

Thanks

Keep up the Good Work.

displayfireworks1
03-17-2011, 08:53 PM
I believe Pyrotechnico is using both the FireOne and Pyrodigital firing systems in their displays. After you work on the display I would be interested in knowing which one you are training on. When I first worked in pyrotechnics I was on a crew that used computerized fireworks with the FireOne system. That is why sometimes when I do not see and hear multiple fireworks in the air I think sometimes is wrong when there is brief silence. Sometimes Pyrotechnico product arrives in the field with the electric match in place. All the Zambelli displays I worked on we inserted the electric match on the site. I actually prefer it that way. Most display product comes with the electric match adapter in the quick match. Now it seems like the adapter is moving further down the fuse closer to the lift charge to give more precise timing. The downside is you have to insert the electric match without the shell being in the mortar. Most electric match accidents happen when for some reason you have to tear a display down and start removing the match. I heard Pyrotechnico had a policy that once a display is loaded and matched it fires no matter what because they do not feel it is worth the risk to tear it down. I think it is a great policy. But all these rules and practices have exceptions I am sure
Dave displayfireworks1

bweaver1985
03-17-2011, 10:31 PM
Our Quick Match has the E-Match Port on it. During my inital training, we were told not to insert e-match until the shell is in the mortar. I have seen several firing systems including FireOne and Pyrodigital. Pyrotecnico has a few other good rules. For example the Finale any show including hand fired must be electrically fired.

Pyro Nation
03-18-2011, 08:24 PM
Understandable why ya would want the finale electrical.. Always makes a nicer show. Don't get me wrong I have hand fused, timed out different fuses for what I wanted, but nothing like electrical firing of a show. I LOVE IT

bweaver1985
03-18-2011, 08:48 PM
Well by electric i ment They still chain fuse. The E-Match just lights the main fuse. Instead of a flare

Pyro Nation
03-18-2011, 09:01 PM
Ahhh... I chain fuse depending on If I run out of cues.... Which happens alot.. I only have a total of 88 cues right now..

bweaver1985
03-18-2011, 09:17 PM
It should be really interesting experience. I just went out tonight and bought a head-lamp.

Pyro Ian
08-07-2011, 11:33 AM
wow good for you, I need to get involved with pyrotechnico since I live in Tampa, don't have a CDL tho.

Blackdevil77
08-07-2011, 12:36 PM
Congrats and good luck! If you can, take some video if they don't mind it.

bweaver1985
08-07-2011, 03:28 PM
First show was a long time ago thread is very old.

Blackdevil77
08-07-2011, 03:30 PM
oh wow, didn't even notice the dates lol. I saw someone replied to it today, i assumed it was new.

How did it go, anyway?

bweaver1985
08-07-2011, 03:32 PM
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IWT9rb0zQQ

Ian email me bweaver1985@gmail.com, I will send you the contact information for Pyrotecnico Tampa. Most of the shows are down here in South Florida. I don't live in Tampa. I'm down in Fort Lauderdale.