PDA

View Full Version : Type 54 Liscense

UniversalPyro
03-15-2011, 08:31 PM
Can anyone tell me...i sent my paperwork in for a Type 54 permit about a month ago, i checked with them and they got it but i haven't heard anything...is this a bad thing or are they really slow?

Pyro Nation
03-15-2011, 09:00 PM
Here is how mine went. Sent mine in and they got it on January 20th. $100 came out on the 24th. I got the interview on February 9th and license came in the mail on February 26th.

Make sure the money came out is the first sign. Then should be a few weeks before ya get a call

shellshocker
03-16-2011, 06:00 AM
Relax, they will be in touch. Not a bad sign.

UniversalPyro
03-16-2011, 04:35 PM
Relax, they will be in touch. Not a bad sign.

Thanks fella's, im just anxious and excited. I also want to get my supplies and also look into electronic ignition soon.

Pyro Nation
03-16-2011, 07:24 PM
Yeah. I understand Universal... We all are at that point sometime. I know I was.lol.... And being able to use E-match instead of consumer igniters is really NICE...

pyro76
03-16-2011, 09:50 PM
Universal I know the feeling it feels nice once you have that pink piece of paper in your hand. I just have to begin using mine. Started to get racks now just have to decide what to get. A little of advice, when you do get your type 54 don't sign the original, make copies because when you use it to buy 1.3 products each copy needs to have an original signature on it. Also it's good to leave a copy in your vehicle too incase if you ever got pulled over it shows your have proof to transport. Other than that..it's just the wait now and it'll be here before you know it...happy shooting

tgis81
03-18-2011, 08:44 AM
Universal I know the feeling it feels nice once you have that pink piece of paper in your hand. I just have to begin using mine. Started to get racks now just have to decide what to get. A little of advice, when you do get your type 54 don't sign the original, make copies because when you use it to buy 1.3 products each copy needs to have an original signature on it. Also it's good to leave a copy in your vehicle too incase if you ever got pulled over it shows your have proof to transport. Other than that..it's just the wait now and it'll be here before you know it...happy shooting

Great advice Pyro76. Especially about keeping a copy in the vehicle. From a law enforcement standpoint, and having my own Type 54, I'm looking for that pink paper if I stop you and you just happen to have fireworks in the car (specifically 1.3g). I keep a copy in my glove box at all times and another in my pocket when I go to any pyro related event. I also have my PPA ID card with me at demos or events.

Pyro Nation
03-18-2011, 08:22 PM
If ya get Dave's videos. He points out quite a bit of points and ideas. The videos were really helpful in answering a lot of questions before and after your license

fireworksgeek82
03-21-2011, 03:21 AM
Thanks for the info I have been wanting to get my type 54 and was curious how helpful Dave's type 54 video was before I plunked down 23 bucks. I am also curious about storage of 1.4 fireworks once I get my type 54. Namely do I need special storage for 1.4 fireworks. If don't have special storage will I have a violation when I am inspected.

Pyro Nation
03-21-2011, 03:53 AM
Hi fireworkgeek. Dave's videos covers a wide range. They do help if ya really have a cold start on not knowing exactly what to fill in and don't have someone to talk to around you.

Now on the firework storage thing on the 1.4. In another topic it does vary from state to state. I heard it is 500 lbs. . Now I dont know if it is the chemical or weight of the fireworks. I am leaning on the chemical, Which would be like a tractor trailer full

shellshocker
03-21-2011, 05:54 AM
fireworksgeek
You have some stuff mixed up here. First, realize that your 54 has nothing to do with consumer fireworks. Consumer fireworks are regulated by the CPSC. If your getting a 54 for consumers your wasting your money. I really don't know what the storage limit for consumer fireworks is or if there is one. 1000 lbs is the comp limit when transporting. That is regulated by the DOT.

DLux3888
03-23-2011, 09:52 AM
1000 pounds pyro weight is the limit on 1.4 fireworks in Indiana.