PDA

View Full Version : Malta international fireworks festival 26/04/2013 - 30/04/2013

laquil
02-21-2013, 05:01 PM
MALTA INTERNATIONAL FIREWORKS FESTIVAL
26/04/2013 - 30/04/2013
MALTA INTERNATIONAL FIREWORKS FESTIVAL

The Ministry for Tourism, Culture and the Environment and the Malta Tourism Authority, will be organizing the 12th edition of the Malta International Fireworks Festival.

Events will take place on the 26th and 28th of April at different locations (to be advised) whilst the the Grand Finale will be held in Valletta's Grand Harbour on April 30th. Barriera Wharf situated on the Valletta sea front inside the Grand Harbour will be the best place to view all the action.

Numerous Maltese and foreign fireworks factories will be participating in this competitive event, presenting spectacular pyrotechnic displays synchronised to music.

The festival forms part of the anniversary celebrations of Malta's accession to the European Union. A video showing highlights of the 2010 edition can be found here.

Tradition of Fireworks in Malta
Fireworks in Malta have a long tradition which goes back to the time of the Order of the Knights of St. John. The feu de joie using gun salutes, the musketterija firing of muskets, the solfarelli d'aria, St. Catherine's wheels (irdieden) and other forms of fireworks originated from explosives that were lit off from mortars (maskli) as an expression of rejoicing. Special occasions when such festivities were held were: the election of a Grand Master of the Order of the Knights of St. John, the election of a Pope who was the overall protector and ruler of the Order, the birth of a prince from a friendly European state or else to mark an important victory over the Ottoman military might. Fireworks developed into a craft when the Maltese started to celebrate the events connected to their British rulers in the 19th and 20th centuries. This centuries-old tradition is still very much alive in the crowded calendar of village festas that take place all over Malta and Gozo, especially in the summer months.

laquil
02-21-2013, 05:05 PM
PRomo of the Malta Fireworks Festival those of you wish to come to Malta to see the festival just let me know

by the way that fort you see in the background is the Fort of St Angelo was build by the knights Templar of St Johns during 1500

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ_61djG9fU

smilli
02-22-2013, 12:52 PM
26th and 28th different location, where is the different location?
I already sended u soms private messages Laquil bot your not reacting.

laquil
02-25-2013, 05:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_mF2LvPOqE

PyroManiacs
02-25-2013, 07:59 PM
I definitely need to visit this beautiful place to see those awesome fireworks that are created there!!
Gorgeous!!

PyroManiacs
02-25-2013, 08:20 PM
Just to get an idea.... $1700.00 for round trip flight and 5 nights in a hotel per person during the festival.

smilli
02-27-2013, 07:22 AM
Program is announced, can't wait:D
Anyone knows the the first 2 locations of shooting?

Friday 26th April 2013 - MARSAXLOKK
9.00pm Pyromusical competition - Focs d'Artifici Europla (Spain)
9.30pm Pyromusical competition - Mount Carmel Fireworks Factory (Malta)
10.00pm Pyromusical competition - Lieto Fireworks (Italy)

Sunday 28th April 2013 - MELLIEHA
9.00pm Pyromusical competition - Tal-Gilju Fireworks Factory (Malta)
9.30pm Pyromusical competition - 1-2-3 Feuerwerk (Germany)
10.00pm Pyromusical competition - Pirotecnia Minhota (Portugal)

Tuesday 30th April 2013 - VALLETTA Grand Harbour
9.00pm Traditional Maltese Fireworks
9.15pm Announcement and Presentation ceremony of the winners of the Malta International Fireworks Festival 2013
9.30pm Grand Finale pyro-musical display by Scarpato Fireworks (Italy)
Note: Barriera Wharf situated on the Valletta sea front inside the Grand Harbour will be the best place to view all the action.

laquil
03-15-2013, 05:34 PM
Guys for Hotel i can try to find you a good one with cheap price try to get lufthansa or rain air easy jet they are all good airlines let me try to find you a good
trip and cheap hotel still good one i wish some one will come over i am waiting for you guys don't miss it

laquil
03-15-2013, 05:36 PM
listen my private email is laquil@melita.com any one who wish to come just drop me an email i will try even to pick you up at the airport