PDA

View Full Version : www.firingsystems.us

Pyro Nation
03-14-2011, 09:08 PM
They are advertisers. So don't yell..lol

Just wanted to give a review on a couple of there systems I have and am using.

The new Superbfire Wireless Firing System Model C32QS
- I found it to be a awesome system
- Takes 10 AA batteries total of 15 V, which is enough power for most anything
- used with their Falcon igniters and Ematch
- I have 2 of these and used them in a show I did the past weekend. Worked very well

The QF-12 Mini
- it is a ok system
- each individual module uses 3 AA batteries. Total of 3.5 V
- Which is fine with there igniters, but did not work with the Talon igniters. They need a minimum of 6v to set them off. I ran into this over the weekend. Lesson learned.
Other than that not bad since you can move the cue's where every ya want

Now there igniters are good, but only come in 1m length. Which can be the downside unless ya add some scab wire to them. Which I ended up doing.

Just my opinions on some consumer firing systems in case people are searching

TitaniumsalTDI
03-14-2011, 10:02 PM
so their firing systems are compatible with ematch as well as the ones they sell? I was gonna buy their system and just use ematch

Pyro Nation
03-14-2011, 10:31 PM
Yes. I used e-match on this show. Worked flawlessly

Pyro Nation
03-15-2011, 02:18 AM
since u are only using e match you will have no worries with the QF 12 mini if ya decide to use that one. Since E-match uses minimal voltage compared to the igniters.

firecrackersam
03-16-2011, 11:57 PM
Pyroliffic, if the Falcon ignitors aren't working, you should contact them about it. They advertise that the Falcon ignitors will work with the QF12 Mini, and if they aren't, it's illegal that they are advertising it. However, it could just be a flaw in your system. Wouldn't hurt to contact them.

Pyro Nation
03-17-2011, 12:27 AM
No. The falcon ones will work with the QF 12 mini. The Talon ones from other's wont, but since Quantum only sell their igniters in 1 meter lengths I wanted to get some others at different lenghts. When I found that the Talon Igniters need minimum of 6V. So I have to use them with the 32 cue system instead is all...

firecrackersam
03-17-2011, 12:30 AM
No. The falcon ones will work with the QF 12 mini. The Talon ones from other's wont, but since Quantum only sell their igniters in 1 meter lengths I wanted to get some others at different lenghts. When I found that the Talon Igniters need minimum of 6V. So I have to use them with the 32 cue system instead is all...

Hmm that's strange, I was under the impression they came from the same factory. Good to know otherwise, though.

Pyro Nation
03-17-2011, 01:33 AM
Ill do a video sometime to show. I want a chance to use my new HD camcorder...lol

Pyro Nation
03-28-2011, 08:48 PM
Got the video done, Seems I wasnt holding the button long enough to set the igniter off. But Placed some new batteries and got it on video. Though I plan on only using ematch with the QF 12 mini. The consumer igniters work, but not like it would on something using 4 batteries instead of 3.

Here is the QF12 mini with there igniter the Falcon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DDUG089NJo

The QF12 mini with the Talon Igniter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctNEDsM2jQY

firecrackersam
03-28-2011, 09:18 PM
Pyroliffic, the "Talon" you used was actually a Talon II ignitor. Regular Talons are essentially the same as Falcons.

Pyro Nation
03-28-2011, 09:37 PM
True, I should put that in. Will do on next video. Thanks for the correction

eldridgejoe
03-28-2011, 10:45 PM
The newest model of the modules are 6v. they use 4 AAA batteries and I can run two ignitors of a single cue.
I just got the 32que that you have the and the 4 que with wireless modules. PM me and I will tell you how to get a great discount of 15%. Also shipping only took 5 days. Pretty impressed.
http://www.rfremotech.com/FiringSystems.html

The 4 que for 54dollars is a hell of a deal.

Pyro Nation
03-29-2011, 12:05 AM
Well per Dave's rules you should not post that link since they are not a sponsor. Just for warning ya