PDA

View Full Version : This is were people screw it up for the rest.

crackerbomb
01-30-2013, 09:05 PM
Auglaize Co. Sheriff warns about issues with explosives
1 6 0 185Sponsored LinksBy Steve.Baker@CMGOhio.com

Northern Bureau Chief

AUGLAIZE COUNTY, Ohio —
Auglaize County Sheriff Al Solomon wants county residents to know about issues with Tannerite or exploding rifle targets.

The Sheriff's Office has had complaints recently from county residents regarding the use of exploding targets. These targets are legally purchased at shooting supply stores. When shot with a certain caliber these targets are designed to explode.

What we have discovered recently is target shooters are purchasing the mixture and mixing large amounts to make a huge explosion. Some reports claim the explosion has rattled windows in nearby homes.

Responding to complaints and numerous questions throughout the county Sheriff Solomon has discovered there are no laws in effect for possessing or discharging the product. However, in some cases the Sheriff's Office is going to look into charging the persons with disorderly conduct.

Sheriff Solomon explained, "We can not have county residents in their home being startled by a loud explosion. They don't know that it is Tannerite being set off. They also should not have to tolerate the windows in their home being rattled or debris from an explosion hitting their home". Solomon added that he is in no way against shooting and hunting but there are limits. Even some gun clubs in the county do not want this product being discharged at their ranges. In large amounts it can cause craters in the ground or damage back stops designed for bullets, not bombs.

Solomon is not certain on the future of this product. I feel that it will be illegal to buy at some point due to the problems it is causing. If not illegal it will be limited on the amount you can buy. Right now it is available by the pound. One pound causes a huge explosion when detonated. The Sheriff's Office even checked with the A.T.F. to make sure there wasn't a violation. A.T.F. reported Tannerite is legal to posses and shoot.

The Sherriff's Office has not received any reports on injuries regarding this product but Solomon feels it is a matter of time. "Anytime you deal with an explosive there is a potential for injury. This explosive you can buy in large enough quantities to shake the ground. Again I am in no way against guns, shooting and hunting but this product is becoming an issue and I feel people need to be warned a head of time of the actions we will be taking".

All cases will be looked at individually but all will be looked at. If this product being detonated caused an issue we are going to look at sending the case to the Prosecutor for review for charges.

Sheriff Solomon is only trying to warn residents of the issues and what he sees as a problem. With the issues the United States has with school violence and terrorism we do not need explosions going off and people wondering what it was that blew up.

displayfireworks1
01-30-2013, 09:20 PM
I did a video about this in 2010. Tannerite told me he frowns upon this and prefers people just us it as directed. Human behavior however can be predicted, you start out making it as directed and then you progress from there. Lets see what two mixed together does and so forth. This is how people making firecrackers get into trouble and hurt. The problem with this stuff is it really is not very loud but it send a shock wave through the air and that seems to travel pretty far with some force.
As far the charge of “Disorderly Conduct”, this is what police charge you with when they are not sure what to charge you with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwygiTfsRAQ

Xtremerides.nl
02-05-2013, 07:56 PM
Same problem in Holland :)