PDA

View Full Version : opening shooting at kellner's?

TitaniumsalTDI
03-13-2011, 01:06 PM
I've been to the kellner's demo nights, but never an open shoot night. How does it work? How are the prices compared to the rest of the season?

fireworksman74
03-13-2011, 02:20 PM
they are 50% off the piece price not case price. and the open shoot is from 6-10 on thursday april 7th. so buy what you want and shoot away

displayfireworks1
03-13-2011, 03:40 PM
That is correct. At Kellners you get 50% off of 1.3 items also. I may buy some of those 1.75 salutes just to see what they sound like. I am sure there will be plenty of 1.75 mortars around. Or maybe I should bring my 30 rack. I want to get around to calling them to see if the 1.75 salutes are in stock. If they are in stock I will buy some. Then I will fuse up 30 with fast fuse.
I also have some Girandolas to shoot, that open shoot night is always fun.
Dave displayfireworks1

Matt
03-13-2011, 04:00 PM
What girandolas do you have? It looks like Kellner's only stocks Alien Resurrection.

displayfireworks1
03-13-2011, 04:26 PM
That is the one I have, he usually prefers whatever you shoot on open shoot night you purchase from him. It is fun to watch sometimes when someone shoots something really good everyone says “What is the name of that one?” . Then about you see 10 guys run into the building to hurry up and buy it up. The Alien Resurrection I have is from Kellners last year, I purchase at the end of the season when the price was lower.

UniversalPyro
03-13-2011, 04:58 PM
This sounds like a great time....i think ill bring my rack also and wire up some good stuff....can you also wire cakes together?

jknepp1954
03-13-2011, 06:12 PM
just remember guys - Bob K will only let you shoot what you buy from his company. :rolleyes:
In the past, anything went up from any company. I don't really know how he is going to enforce this - should be interesting is all I can say. They will have members of the PaPyro Artists Club there to teach the PGI classes and help set up each evenings displays....so maybe they will kind of help out the "open shoot" as well.

TitaniumsalTDI
03-13-2011, 06:35 PM
ok so basically, you go on thurs you can bring your own equip purchase any retail item and then go fire it in the lot next to the warehouse? dave said he was gonna get salutes, now is that only for type 54 holders that can also purchase to shoot that evening? Is there any type of space you go to to shoot? Such as do you reserve a spot or is it first come first serve? Any details would be greatly appreciated also can you purchase the items at the discount that evening to take home? thank you for your responses!

fireworksman74
03-13-2011, 08:29 PM
you can purchase all you want at the discount rate but the sales doors close at 6pm i believe. Also the discount is only on single items and assortments, as long as they arent 1/1 in a case such as the 16000 count firecrackers and so on. Anyone have questions PM me ill do my best to answer them.

Knightmare
03-14-2011, 12:18 AM
Belonging to a club a requirement for attending?

fireworksman74
03-14-2011, 12:21 AM
everyone is invited as long as you only shoot product that you purchased there

Knightmare
03-14-2011, 12:27 AM
What good product can be found at Kellners?

fireworksman74
03-14-2011, 12:34 AM
there 2" and 3" boards are pretty good and they have a few cakes that are good performers

Knightmare
03-14-2011, 12:41 AM
Which cakes are your favorite pieces?

Someone said True Blue and Bella Noche are excellent pieces.

fireworksman74
03-14-2011, 12:53 AM
i like sonic rings, knockout beach brocade,catacysm,master,legand and yes true blue and bella noche are nice cakes

BigBang87
03-14-2011, 07:59 PM
I have to say that Bella Noche is an "OK" cake when it first came out it was great now its watered down still ok but not as good. I buy a case of true blue every year and shoot them side by its makes for a great effect! I cant wait to see a few of their new cakes from there videos they look really nice!!!

Just one question....If you buy larger 1.3 shells do you need to bring your own motars or do they have some there for use? I have never shot 1.3 at the open shoot before

fireworksman74
03-15-2011, 10:03 AM
Bring your own equiptment or buy it there it will not be supplied( fuse, mortars, igniters,etc) can all be purchased there. also please remember at the open shoot, only product 1.3 or 1.4 purchased there can be shot there. finally you need a TYPE 54 to purchase and display 1.3 product at the open shoot.

J's12talk
03-18-2011, 10:00 PM
I will be down around noon on thursday and will be shooting 1.3g product that evening. I will be bringing racks up to 8", talk to me and I might allow SOME usage of them. I really do enjoy Kellners demo weekend, it's the first one of the season around here and the people that attend are the best. I'm still not happy with their 1.4g product but you can't have everything. I do highly recomend their BOSS system and will be shooting some of it on thursday so look me up, we'll play.

BigBang87
03-19-2011, 02:30 AM
Thanks FM74 for the info on what I need to bring...I cant wait to start the season! J's12talk sounds like your going to have a fun night I might have to look you up when I get there! I hope the weather hold up you know how PA weather can be it snowed the one year I went......Its still a good time though!