PDA

View Full Version : Northeast PA permit

pyro76
03-10-2011, 10:12 PM
I got my type 54 just wondering if anyone in the northeastern area got their permit in order to buy fireworks. Did you have any problems getting it? How much did it cost? I live near the borough building in my area/boro. Just wanted some heads up what to expect. Thanks for any info

jknepp1954
03-11-2011, 06:05 AM
I got my type 54 just wondering if anyone in the northeastern area got their permit in order to buy fireworks. Did you have any problems getting it? How much did it cost? I live near the borough building in my area/boro. Just wanted some heads up what to expect. Thanks for any info
There are literally hundreds of AHJ's in Pa., so there are literally hundreds of possiblilities of problems/costs.
The basics are from the state law which says you must have at least a min. of a $500 bond (which you get back BTW if nothing happens), and then it could go as high as $1 mil liability insurance. Sometimes you can purchase show insurance from the 1.3 company that you purchase from, but that is not cheap either. Most boroughs charges some type of permit fee - typically $25 to as much as $60. But that part is probably the least of your worries. Sometimes it is mandatory, but if evennot - make sure you have the presense of the fire company there. If it is a vol. fire dept. - make sure you treat them right with a nice donation.
pyro76 - if you have any other questions, pm me. Also make sure your spot that you are doing your display has lots of room according to the NFPA 1123 - you know at least 70' per inch of shell, etc. If possible, I would even give it 100' per inch....never can be too careful.