PDA

View Full Version : Hello from GrandRapids Michigan

Michigan Pyro King
01-01-2013, 07:22 PM
Hello everyone. I am new to PryoTalk, I look forward to being friends with you all and learning more about the Firework world.

displayfireworks1
01-01-2013, 07:36 PM
Happy New Year. Thanks for joining, and welcome to the forums.

Michigan Pyro King
01-01-2013, 07:41 PM
Thank you, And Happy New Year to you and Your Family. Maybe you can help me. I have been using the 1.4 items now for about 3 years and Im interested in moving to the 1.3 Items. What do I need to do to be able to purchase 1.3 items and be legal to shoot them. I heard Dave talk about an ATF license. Also heard of a Type54 License. What do I need? Can you Help me.

displayfireworks1
01-01-2013, 08:18 PM
I advise people wanting to get their ATF license to purchase my DVD/application package that walks you through the procedure. Once you watch the DVD’s you will have a complete understanding of the process. I receive positive feedback from the package and it has helped many people get their license. I do not want to sound like I am pushing a sale on you but it is one of your first questions. Now is good time to purse this because it can take up to 90 days to accomplish. Then come July 4th you will be ready to go.
I believe Michigan is a state that uses local permits to grant permission to shoot fireworks. However, some rural areas do not have ordinances for fireworks; when that occurs most people rely on just having the ATF license.
Having the ATF Type 54 display fireworks license allows you to legally purchase and transport the 1.3 fireworks.
Here is the link to my ATF DVD package
http://pyrotalk.com/shopping.php

Michigan Pyro King
01-01-2013, 08:42 PM
Thanks Dave, I checked out that link. I will be purchasing you DVD within the next 2 weeks. I also the Shirt and Hoodie you are selling. I love them and gotta have it. If I purchase a Shirt and hoodie togeither, how much will shipping be? I have another question. Where can I learn more about all the types of fuses used and how they work? Thanks again For the help.

displayfireworks1
01-01-2013, 09:27 PM
Switch it around. Instead of waiting two weeks to order the ATF DVD package order it now and wait two weeks to ask further questions. LOL

Michigan Pyro King
01-01-2013, 09:42 PM
LOL... Just want the knowledge. Want to be Safe. Thats my #1 rule - Safety.. I will be ordering the DVD this Friday along with the Hoodie online. Thanks again

ClassCBexy
01-01-2013, 09:51 PM
Welcome to the site.

Michigan Pyro King
01-02-2013, 01:08 PM
Welcome to the site.

Thanks for the welcome ClassCBexy. Its great to be here.

Michigan Pyro King
01-13-2013, 12:20 PM
I live near GrandRapids Michigan and I looking for a place that I can be able to purchase and have Contingency storage for 1.3 Fireworks. I am tring to get my Type 54 Licenseand need to have a place to store my Fireworks. Private Message me if you know or can help me with a place that has Contingency Storage.

valpoboom
01-13-2013, 01:20 PM
Welcome to the forums pryo king. I am also learning about 1.3 with a good amount of 1.4 experience. I see safety is very important to you and that is always the best place to start. I would slow down a bit and learn more about 1.3 safety before you look into storage and purchasing. Seems like you might be missing some steps prior to moving on.

Michigan Pyro King
01-13-2013, 01:43 PM
Im looking for the storge so I can get my Type 54 license. I agree, I plan to learn more about 1.3 brfore purchasing 1.3. I mainly want the license right now to purchase quick match and electric lite. I want to upgrade my displays slowly, 1st starting with purchasing a Firing system to run my 1.4 Fireworks.. Looking more towards the Cobra Firing sytem. I do believe you need the license to purchase the electric lite and Quick match. I just need to have a Contingency Storage plan set up to get my license. I do know alot about Hazmat. I've had a CDL license for 16yrs with Hazmat endorsment. Still plan to learn more about 1.3s before even using or purchasing them. I've learned alot about 1.3s from Dave(displayfireworks1) video but plan to find a saftey course to take. Its all about SAFTEY 1st.

Michigan Pyro King
01-17-2013, 08:17 PM
Anyone here from the West Michigan Area?

Northern Sky
01-17-2013, 08:55 PM
For a heads up, you can fire Talon clips with the Cobra too. You are not limited to e-match. There are some awesome clubs in your area that have shoots regularly. Check them out.

Michigan Pyro King
01-19-2013, 08:11 AM
Where con a find these Talon clip?

David_La
01-19-2013, 05:47 PM
Where con a find these Talon clip?

Cobra Firing Systems is one I have purchased Talon Igniters from.
http://www.cobrafiringsystems.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=59

Northern Sky
01-19-2013, 06:28 PM
most of the companies that sell fireworks sell talon clips too.

paperman
01-23-2013, 05:33 PM
Im in W MI. Take it slow, no need to jump in with booth feet yet. Be carefull with some advise given here. Just beacause there is no local ordinance addressing fireworks that does not mean you can have a free for all. You still NEED a permit to fire, State Fire Marshal FM-48. It has to be signed by the local board, not the local fire cheif. to be legit yuu need real storage for your match, can you mod a job box and put it in the garage? Show up at the next MPAG shoot in Sandusky and we can talk there.