PDA

View Full Version : Crackerjacks Winter Meeting Feb. 2, 2013

matandch
12-26-2012, 12:24 PM
The Annual Crackerjacks Winter Meeting will be held February 2, 2013 in Willburton, Pa. Plan now on attending this afternoon and evening of fireworks fun, camaraderie and food. The inclement weather date is February 9.

Guests will be welcome with no guest fee, but a waiver will be required and guests will have to pay for their meal, probably around $10. Guests also must have their sponsoring member in attendance at the meeting.

Keep watching this thread for more information on this event.

If you would like to join the Crackerjacks, just go to http://www.crackerjacks.org/membership to find out more and then follow the link "online membership system" to join. Or PM me for more information.

Thanks,
John C.

matandch
12-29-2012, 03:35 PM
I found out that we have a permit for 2 hrs of open shooting in the evening for shells up to 3". If anyone wants to do a small class C/B show, I will be certain to accommodate you.

All other activities will be in a warm hall.

jknepp1954
12-29-2012, 06:39 PM
2 hour open shooting and a warm hall - sounds like my cup o tea! :)

matandch
12-29-2012, 07:29 PM
Also looking like vending for pre-orders- as well- will be a part of the afternoon. This will also be a good opportunity to talk with your favorite vendors about what's new for the upcoming 4th of July Season 2013.

matandch
01-07-2013, 09:08 AM
Just learned that the free member meal will be roast beef and gravy, mashed potatoes and a vegetable.

The fire company hosting the event has a restaurant that will be open during the event. Persons attending can patronize the fire co. restaurant if they prefer, just so long as they become a social member of the fire co for a reasonable dues fee to the fire co.

matandch
01-16-2013, 07:57 PM
There will be a group of members will be doing an expanded pyro musical for the CJ February 2 shoot at Willburton. This is shaping up to to be a great Class c/ Baby b show that should send the groundhog scurrying back into his hole in a hurry...or wait a minute...hanging around to watch the show! Don't miss out. Plan on being there to enjoy a fun day with your pyro friends topped off with this great show in the evening and then relaxing with some open shooting of your own. Members, guests and vendors welcome.

Vendors coming so far:

Kneppy's Fireworks
IPI
Spirit of '76

And here's the schedule for the day:

1:00-3:00 PM Members arrive, social time, vendor's deliveries
3:30-4:30 Meeting
4:30-5:30 Dinner
5:30-8:00 Members' Show, open shooting up to 3" shells

matandch
01-16-2013, 08:58 PM
Watch the trailer here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oz9F7UEX-ww&feature=youtu.be

PyroManiacs
01-16-2013, 09:59 PM
cool trailer!

Westpapyro
01-16-2013, 10:50 PM
Sounds fun,how far away from Pittsburgh is it?
Maybe someone could sponsor me as a guest the first year while I check it out.
I'm new to the firework club thing?

matandch
01-16-2013, 11:42 PM
Here's some approximate travel times to the Winter Meeting:

Boston, MA- 5 hours 53 mins
New Haven, CT- 4 hours 7 mins
Syracuse, NY- 3 hours 25 mins
Binghamton, NY- 2 hours 23 mins
New York, NY- 2 hours 49 mins
State College, PA- 1 hour 52 mins
Pittsburgh, PA- 4 hours 15 mins
Philadelphia, PA- 2 hours 19 mins
Scranton, PA- 1 hour 25 mins
Harrisburg, PA- 1 hour 6 min
Baltimore, MD- 2 hours 24 mins
Washington, DC- 3 hours 12 mins
Richmond, VA- 4 hours 41 mins
Raleigh, NC- 7 hours 7 mins

To: Willburton, Pa

PyroManiacs
01-17-2013, 12:25 AM
Oh really?! Only 2.5 hours from Philly? Too short of notice for me though. How often do they shoot in Wilburton?

jknepp1954
01-17-2013, 06:07 AM
YES cool clip indeed. I didn't know what had such great talent in the club! :)
Pyromaniac - CJ's don't get any closer to you than Wilburton - this was a NEW spot they picked up last year - I just hope and pray that they don't get kicked out of there as it is closer to all of the NE members.
If my memory is correct - they will come back again in May = we don't know the date yet though.

PyroManiacs
01-17-2013, 08:26 AM
Well, I hope it doesnt fall on the weekend when Ill be in Detroit.... sheesh! lol

I would definitely love to check out a CJ meet!

matandch
01-19-2013, 12:54 AM
Add Starfire to the list of vendors.

matandch
01-21-2013, 08:15 AM
Next Monday, January 28 is the last day to RSVP for the Winter Meeting. If you plan on joining the club this is also the last date to join if you want to attend this event as a member otherwise, membership applications are taken at any time throughout the year. If you want to attend as a guest and know a CJ member you can come if your sponsoring member is present at the meeting.

matandch
01-26-2013, 10:17 AM
Monday, Jan. 28 is the last day to RSVP. If you join on-line by then you can attend as a member if you don't know a current member to bring you as a guest.

matandch
02-01-2013, 01:52 PM
We have a special treat for any PyroTalk.com members attending as someone's guest tomorrow. John Sagaria from will be doing a 1 MILLION firecracker SUPERSTRING at the shoot in Wilburton. This was a traditional and standard event at every Crackerjack Shoot up until a few years ago. I'm happy to be able to revive it for this shoot. If this is something you've never seen, you don't want to miss it. John will be doing it around 5:30 PM. It's REALLY LOUD, so bring some ear plugs or be ready to cover your ears.

If anyone wants to help John with this project by bringing some tools and 2 by 4's to build a truss, it would be greatly appreciated. Also leaf rakes and overall help would be appreciated for clean-up afterward. See John Sagaria if you can help in any way.

If we can get some video of the show and Superstring maybe Dave can post it to his channel if he wants to.

Thanks.

matandch
02-22-2013, 04:09 PM
Here's a link to the Superstring of 1 million firecrackers we did at the shoot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAgHELpkxPo&feature=youtu.be

Thanks to John Sagaria from Fireworks Extravagance for donating your time and product for this effect.

Dave- Feel free to use it on your channel.

J

PyroManiacs
02-22-2013, 08:48 PM
Awesome!! Cant wait to see more footage of the meet if there is any!