PDA

View Full Version : Hello From Corunna, Michigan

Eversor
11-27-2012, 02:49 PM
Hi guys,

I have been watching Dave's youtube videos for about half a year now and love the insider window to professional fireworks. As many know Michigan just started allowing the good 1.4 items to be sold in state so I got my first taste this year. Unfortunately the bulk of my purchases were from a local Phantom front that opened up so their prices ravaged my budget. I was able to put on a small show(~5 min) with cakes/mortars for a friend's parents and they invited me for next year's July 4th. I'm expanding my budget a bit and travelling to the Toledo border for Miller's fireworks store and wholesale goodness. I will be turning 21 in June of next year so the application for my Type 54 license will follow promptly, more excited for that than being able to drink. Hopefully all will go smoothly and I can have a small 1.3 show courtesy of Lynnch Imports for Labor Day. I would personally like to thank Dave for all he's doing to spread information about professional fireworks and obtaining a Type 54 license.

PyroJoeNEPA
11-27-2012, 04:57 PM
Welcome to the Forum Eversor. I would encourage you to seek out a local pyro company & ask if you could apprentice [help out] so you can get some practical experience around 1.3g product. Also, look into the PGI Safety Certification course & see if it is available near you. A local pyro club is also a good step in meeting people and learning the proper--and safe-- way to do things. The 54 will allow you to purchase bigger products, but get some experience as well. Stay safe & happy shooting!!!

Northern Sky
11-27-2012, 07:46 PM
Welcome to the forum. Don't be in a hurry to jump into 1.3. Like Joe said, get some 1.3 experience before you venture out on your own.

Lynch offers a display shooters' course followed by their demo food is included for safety course participants. I suggest attending it. They offer a safety certificate for eligible shooters.

ClassCBexy
11-27-2012, 08:44 PM
Welcome to the Forum.

Eversor
11-30-2012, 02:31 PM
Thank you everyone for the welcome. Would anyone be keen to the date ofto the next safety course/demo occuring at Lynnch's? Is this course available to anyone or do you have to be licensed?

Northern Sky
11-30-2012, 04:16 PM
Their number is listed on their website. Take a look there for details. I would like to suggest again looking into pyro clubs in your area, You are in a huge PYRO MECCA.

Eversor
12-03-2012, 03:37 PM
I did find MPAG is holding a shoot on the 15th with a PGI certification course. Thanks for the suggestion!

Michigan Pyro King
01-01-2013, 07:35 PM
Welcome to the Forum, I am new here too. I have been using the 1.4 items now for about 3 years. I am also looking into getting my ATF license but dont know how to go about getting one. You were saying something about a Type54 License. What is that? I am also interested in attending a PGI Saftey Certification Course. Where did you take ur course at?

Eversor
01-02-2013, 01:34 PM
A type 54 license allows you to buy display grade fireworks(1.3g) from distributors and fellow type 54 license holders. The course I attended was in Sandusky which would be quite the drive for you but I'm sure something closer will pop up. I highly recommend heading over to youtube, looking up displayfireworks1 and watching all of his videos when you have the time. Gobs of information on 1.3g fireworks and plenty of entertainment to boot. Also look up MPAG when you want to take it further.

http://mpag.org/main/index.php?page=start

Michigan Pyro King
01-02-2013, 02:19 PM
Thanks for the info. Ive been watching Dave's videos for some time now. Im ordering his DVD on Type 54 License this Friday, also ordering hisProtalk Hoodie. Awesome Hoodie. Well maybe Ill see you at a MPAG someday.