PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks in Israel?

displayfireworks1
11-20-2012, 11:18 PM
This video was sent to me from my youtube fireworks friends in Israel. He described it as the best fireworks display. If you are familiar with the Iron Dome you may know what this is. The video is from a wedding in Beersheba.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kAyqbKwd1o

fireworkshell
11-21-2012, 02:49 AM
what kind of wierd fireworks is this? is like a rocket or sky lantern?

PyroJoeNEPA
11-21-2012, 01:13 PM
what kind of wierd fireworks is this? is like a rocket or sky lantern?
This is NOT fireworks---but an actual rocket attack by Hamas against Israel during a wedding event.
The Iron Dome system is a ground to air radar guided system developed and manufactured by Israel for defense against this type of rocket attack.

I have posted a picture of what the Iron Dome defense system looks like. Note that each missile fired from the Israeli system cost between $30,000 & $40,000. And hundreds have been launched to intercept the incoming rockets already.

The Qassam rockets being fired at Israel by Hamas are inexpensive but deadly "point & shoot" no guidance system solid fuel [sugar & Potassium Nitrate] steel tubes with a welded base plate & nozzle drilled into the end with a lathe. The warhead is usually salvaged TNT & uses a rifle cartridge, spring, & nail for a fuse [detonator]. They cost the Palestinians around $800.00
see Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

So, as someone might make a comment about the "fireworks display" it was in a humorous way--- the intent of the rocket attack was to kill and maim people & the Iron Dome missiles were fired to intercept them.
Certainly nothing a Pyro enthusiast would ever want to do. We all want to see peace in the Middle East.

AVISTINKY
11-10-2013, 03:51 PM
Hello! it's little bit late to comment about this, but I see this topic just right now... as an Israeli former soldier in the IAF I was happy to read those posts and to see that there's people that can understand whats going here in our country :)
I started doing pyrotechnics 4.5 years ago (it's a bit problem to do this here) but in the last year I almost didn't make anything... If you people still there I'll be happy to show you things that I made and show you some videos from my youtube channel.
have a great week!

PGH_Pyro
11-10-2013, 05:45 PM
Avistinky - I would think the military and police would freak out / be on edge if they heard salutes going off at all !

AVISTINKY
11-10-2013, 06:54 PM
Yeah it's definitely like that! hahaha
in our country we are a small group of people who deal with pyrotechnics and we have a forum so we can talk each other and share our works and discussions.
every 6-7 months, we are making a pyrotechnics meeting and launch all our fireworks. of course the police don't like that so every time they are coming and tell us to get away immediately, but not really do something serious so that's OK :D