PDA

View Full Version : Phantom is too darn expensive!

BigMO
03-08-2011, 09:43 PM
Assuming to buy retail, If you would do some price comparisions they way to high. Most of the products are rewraps of other products. I used to by from phantom a learned this about 5 years ago.

Pyro Nation
03-08-2011, 10:42 PM
I totally agree.. I went through once couple yrs ago and was like. Umm No... not the place for me, but guess if your in a pinch.

fireworksman74
03-08-2011, 10:55 PM
although there prices seem high if you break down their buy one get one free there prices are reasonable. there product on the other hand is suspect and subpar

abovegroundfun
03-08-2011, 11:05 PM
I give them a lot of credit. They are the reason for my love of fireworks, but its just too much. If you are a fan of their product just go to http://www.bjalan.com/

Knightmare
03-08-2011, 11:16 PM
If you are a fan of their product just go to http://www.bjalan.com/

Minimum is ridiculously high and their product is total garbage. Have you ever heard of Hubbard Wholesale Fireworks? What about Miller Fireworks? Victory Fireworks?

fireworksman74
03-08-2011, 11:23 PM
Minimum is ridiculously high and their product is total garbage. Have you ever heard of Hubbard Wholesale Fireworks? What about Miller Fireworks? Victory Fireworks?
or nitelites, bigs,red rhino,SO76 all those have great products

Knightmare
03-08-2011, 11:32 PM
Amen brother!

Was just listing the ones nearest to him.

PyroMike79
03-09-2011, 02:13 AM
I always feel like I am missing out on some secret trick when it comes to Phantom. I have made two visits to one of their stores in Wisconsin and both times walked out empty handed. Their product is just too expensive-even at the buy one get one. Then I hear about people who claim to go to Phantom and get so much free stuff that they could damn near open their own store-there are even a few Youtube videos of people showing their Phantom "haul". "Well I bought this New York Assortment and then they gave me two more assortments for free and then this 500 gram cake was a buy one get ten special." I am clearly exaggerating for effect but is there like some secret Phantom Fireworks handshake you need to get these deals? LOL

pyromaniac
03-09-2011, 03:50 AM
I agree their prices are definitely higher than some, but to say everything they sell is garbage is far from the truth! They also have many exclusive items you can not find elsewhere! I don't know about any other phantom showrooms, but at the MAIN SUPER showroom by me, they employee a small army of fine folks! They also sponsor a local hockey team by me called the Youngstown Phantoms! And my main reason for sticking by them, every year Bruce flexes his political muscle right here in my hometown!!! My local papers puts out an article every year quoting a few local POLICE CHIEFS saying how they can not and will NOT be enforcing Ohio firework laws on the 4th!!! For some Ohio residents this might be unheard of! Could you imagine what kind of cash one would have to throw down to get some Politicians on your side!! Sorry for sounding like a nutt-rider, but at least where I live, you can justify the added cost!! Here's a link to the newspaper article I was speaking of:http://www.vindy.com/news/2009/jul/01/ohios-fireworks-law-dud/! Youngstown=home of BJ Alan and Diamond Sparkler, Boardman=home of phantoms' main showroom, you do the math!! Also I've read he keeps the Diamond sparkler plant open just because its THE LAST American producer of sparklers!!!!

uraniumsalute
03-09-2011, 04:21 PM
In other news, the sky is blue. ;)

J's12talk
03-09-2011, 05:14 PM
I have never used Phantom products but have recieved their price lists. I actually chipped my jaw when it hit the ground. Not only could they buy politicians they could buy a small country. Now with that being said there is a need and a place for retail stores. Many pyros in their youth got their start making a magical journey to the local retail store. If your just doing a small backyard once a year shoot retail works, you can get a variety of single pieces without having cases of product sitting there for a year with a chance of the kids getting into them.

indianahx
03-09-2011, 06:52 PM
yet another Phantom bashing thread. the reason they are in business is because people continue to come back over and over. something is obviously being done right. and yes, bjalan is the owner of the diamond sparkler manufacturing and is the ONLY american fireworks manufacturer left. that should speak volumes. i say kudos to that in an era where all the "garbage" is made in china.

BigMO
03-09-2011, 09:22 PM
Indianahx
Just remember 95% of the revenues still come from products made in china.

SITHADMIRAL
03-09-2011, 10:10 PM
Phantom might be expensive, but try going to an indian resevation in New Mexico or Nevada. They make Phantom look like a discount house. It dosen't matter about the prices, anyone that sells fireworks is ok by me. most of my friends only want $100 worth, and not 10 or 20 cases. So retail at Phantom is ok with them. They do have junk, so do all the other vendors, but they do have good products. The products that are junk is because of are regulations and the not the retailers or the manufacturers.

PyroMike79
03-09-2011, 10:24 PM
Just to be clear, my comment was in no way directed at attacking the quality of Phantom's products. I do not have enough experience with them to comment one way or the other. I noticed some Phantom products used in a few of Dave's early videos-the ones of his buddy shooting for the local football team. They looked like good product to me in terms of quality but for the price they charge, those fireworks would have to be head and shoulders above everyone else to interest me.

Knightmare
03-09-2011, 11:09 PM
They also have many exclusive items you can not find elsewhere!

Generally speaking their products are copies of other companies products.

pyro man 205
03-12-2011, 02:32 AM
Here wa indian resevation sell Phantom products and some side stands. I have used some Phantom products in the past and theay are expensive on some stuff. I look to see what theay have now and i might buy thean i might not. But theay do have some good products.