PDA

View Full Version : diwali in India

fireworkshell
11-06-2012, 04:46 PM
Next week its diwali in India and my city Mumbai(bombay) will have plenty of fireworks being lit by the citizens,its great to experience it in a a city,fireworks pandemonium everywhere,consumer shell burst up in the sky,rockets come out of nowhere,bombs and crackers bursting almost everywhere.those who are tourist will surely be surprised,because all this firework in the heart of the city and shells can hit buildings too.lots of so called "illegal"fireworks too.If the one thing I can be proud of India is it freedeom of fireworks,then again it would be even more fun if the government does a professional display.

doctor
11-07-2012, 03:09 AM
"illegal fireworks" Can you specify which ones? All shells here are consumer shells...right from half inch to 3 inch...After 3 inch, the manufacturers require a special permission from Chief controller explosives in Nagpur.

One thing for sure is that there is absolute freedom for fireworks. Just want the people to be safe while burning fountains and gola bombs..

Doc

doctor
11-07-2012, 03:10 AM
Hey fireworkshell,

Lets post all possible videos and pics which we two can capture.

Regards

fireworkshell
11-07-2012, 03:38 PM
Doctor when I said illegal I mean fireworks which are from smaller companies and dont really know what they are making so it can prematurely blast.

I just returned from the best firework market in mumbai for diwali,I am annoyed that I had to stand in a Line,as small store owners were purchasing huge stocks of fireworks to sell in villages.

I ended up get a shell by chinos firework but when I compared it to my sony shell mortar tube it seemed smaller and less thickness and I ended up paying 800 Rs vs 500 for sony 3 inch shell.Lets see how it fares in reality.

just a few parachute rockets and simple fountains...maybe diwali is the best time for fireworks but certainly not the best time for shopping for firework enthusiast..

fireworkshell
11-07-2012, 03:41 PM
I wish india had 8 inch shell for consumer use...I wouldn't mind paying.but Imagine India dominating in world as consumer fireworks industry with 8inch shells with colours and effects.

displayfireworks1
11-07-2012, 07:25 PM
That would be great if you posted video of some of the fireworks. I have a question the Green India firecrackers we talked about earlier are those sold as a consumer item or is special permission needed.

fireworkshell
11-07-2012, 07:48 PM
green india firework?

displayfireworks1
11-07-2012, 09:53 PM
The “Doctor” from India posted a picture of them somewhere here on the forums. They were actually sold in the USA years ago then they stopped importing them. They are green in color and look like they are wrapped with thread or yards made by Standard Fireworks.

fireworkshell
11-07-2012, 10:39 PM
http://arkasircar.blogspot.in/2009/10/diwali-dhamaka.html

yeah I know the green threads are thick they are of rope quality,the bomb firecracker is called "rassibomb" or "lassibomb', it has to be used safely and has a huge sound.

it was fun to blow up the municipality garbage can high up in the air.i bet this bomb will scare the terrorists away as well..

for diwali I am not much into "noisy" ones but festivals cant be completely without noise either,so i got something called "triple gun" by standard

doctor
11-08-2012, 11:11 AM
Hi Rajendra,

I also got the triple gun...Havent tried them yet.....Why isnt any shell not allowed for use in INDIA? Because,

a. a special HDPE mortar is needed for shell larger than 3 inch... Which itself has a high cost in terms of rupee
b. Secondly, even the best of Indian crowd will behave irresponsibly...Imagine a 4 inch shell in the hands of irresponsible people...They will never understand a difference between quick match and slow fuse...They will use it as a canon and fire upon each other...

@ Dave: those green firecrackers are still available in the Indian market...I like to burn them when enjoying with friends....

doctor
11-08-2012, 11:14 AM
Doctor when I said illegal I mean fireworks which are from smaller companies and dont really know what they are making so it can prematurely blast.

I just returned from the best firework market in mumbai for diwali,I am annoyed that I had to stand in a Line,as small store owners were purchasing huge stocks of fireworks to sell in villages.

I ended up get a shell by chinos firework but when I compared it to my sony shell mortar tube it seemed smaller and less thickness and I ended up paying 800 Rs vs 500 for sony 3 inch shell.Lets see how it fares in reality.

just a few parachute rockets and simple fountains...maybe diwali is the best time for fireworks but certainly not the best time for shopping for firework enthusiast..

Sorry to hear that u couldnt get hold of the Sony range..Here in Delhi the market is huge and all varieties can be grabbed......I just got hold of as many as 16 varieties of shells (Sony, Standard, Cockbrand, Lima, Cheema, Sri murugan etc)

Also, The cost is high in Mumbai..I am getting a pair of 3 inch shell of Sony for 400 rs..

fireworkshell
11-08-2012, 06:02 PM
[QUOTE=doctor;14446]Hi Rajendra,

I also got the triple gun...Havent tried them yet.....Why isnt any shell not allowed for use in INDIA? Because,

a. a special HDPE mortar is needed for shell larger than 3 inch... Which itself has a high cost in terms of rupee
b. Secondly, even the best of Indian crowd will behave irresponsibly...Imagine a 4 inch shell in the hands of irresponsible people...They will never understand a difference between quick match and slow fuse...They will use it as a canon and fire upon each other...

Hi doctor,
I am really annoyed by the way some Indians behave with fireworks but I guess children and teens are meant to get naughty sometime,but I personally havent seen anybody use the mortar as canon yet....but I think it is more about whether the shells land in someones house or prematurely blasts.but either way there should be a pass for "responsible adults" 4 inch shell isnt that big compared to 12 or 16 inch...I think italians,french and japanese have best shells..

fireworkshell
11-08-2012, 06:14 PM
doctor,I just got sony 3 inch shell for Rs 700 today dont understand why are they charging so much....? I cant find the sri kaliswari brand here in Mumbai...there are a lot of third party fireworks companies though like srikrishnafireworks,chinos fireworks etc.I prefer mostly from sony,standard.

doctor,Whats your opinion on trying aerial shells smaller than 3 inch? can they have beautiful effects as well? is bigger better?

doctor
11-09-2012, 12:56 PM
doctor,I just got sony 3 inch shell for Rs 700 today dont understand why are they charging so much....? I cant find the sri kaliswari brand here in Mumbai...there are a lot of third party fireworks companies though like srikrishnafireworks,chinos fireworks etc.I prefer mostly from sony,standard.

doctor,Whats your opinion on trying aerial shells smaller than 3 inch? can they have beautiful effects as well? is bigger better?

You can try 2 inch shells from both Sony and Standard....Sony has a range of firework Shells named after countries like Sweden, Finland etc..(Check their Website)...

Sri kaliswari is Cock brand, the most famous brand ever...However, with time it has lost its zing...

fireworkshell
11-09-2012, 03:25 PM
I will see what I can get