PDA

View Full Version : 1 3/4 shells

UniversalPyro
03-08-2011, 01:20 PM
Ok, i need to know if the Class B 1 3/4 shells are better than the Class C. Im not concerned about the costs difference, if any. I want the better show and sound. and does one shoot higher than the other?

St1dinoh
03-08-2011, 01:37 PM
for starters, just so you know the difference in case you don't, "class B" is now called 1.3 and "class C" is 1.4.

if the 1.3 shells are "salutes", then of course they are going to be better than 1.4 stuff.

that being said the biggest difference between 1.75 inch 1.3 color shells and 1.4 color shells is going to be a QM leader instead of a visco leader.

there is a noticeable difference between the quality of the break and the colors, but it's not huge in an 1.75 shell. the reason a 1.3 1.75 shell will be better for a display operator is the QM leader makes them much easier to work with and chain.

tgis81
03-13-2011, 08:39 AM
I wondered the same thing... Besides the fact that they may have the quickmatch leader, in the back of my mind, I've wondered if the 1.75 1.3 shells were originally manufactured to be 1.4, but couldn't pass certain restrictions, so they had to be relabeled as 1.3. It seems like it would make sense, but of course that's just something I've thought about.

I've considered buying the 1.75 1.3 shells instead of the 1.4 premium canisters, but just never have yet. I'd like to see a side by side comparison though. That would be beneficial.

UniversalPyro
03-13-2011, 10:36 AM
i do know that pricing, you can get alot more 1.3 shells than the 1.4 for the money. and that makes me go with the 1.3. i do think though you get more verity spreads on the 1.4 than the 1.3.

St1dinoh
03-14-2011, 11:00 AM
I wondered the same thing... Besides the fact that they may have the quickmatch leader, in the back of my mind, I've wondered if the 1.75 1.3 shells were originally manufactured to be 1.4, but couldn't pass certain restrictions, so they had to be relabeled as 1.3. It seems like it would make sense, but of course that's just something I've thought about.

I've considered buying the 1.75 1.3 shells instead of the 1.4 premium canisters, but just never have yet. I'd like to see a side by side comparison though. That would be beneficial.

due to shoot site distances, sometimes the only shell you can use is a 1.75. it's also a very popular tube size that most pyro's tend to have...so why not make 1.3 shells to fit those guns?

another advantage is because they are 1.75's you can fit more per rack, and more per square foot, so you can put up a lot of product in a short amount of time and it doesn't take up a lot of space.

i've seen some very nice 1.3 shells in that size... not the best shell you are ever going to see but noticeably better than any 1.4 shell out there.

just like anything, there is junk and there is gold... if you buy "cheap" 1.3 1.75 ball shells you are wasting your time.

Pyro Nation
03-14-2011, 12:59 PM
I love the fact they have these. Since I have just got my license Type 54. I added up cost of new mortars and making racks. I have 220 mortars in the way of 1.75 so it would be nice to use them

St1dinoh
03-14-2011, 03:35 PM
I love the fact they have these. Since I have just got my license Type 54. I added up cost of new mortars and making racks. I have 220 mortars in the way of 1.75 so it would be nice to use them

i've heard good things about lidu 1.75's, single and double's... the double's that break color then salute are nice for finales too.

shellshocker
03-14-2011, 04:55 PM
There aren't many suppliers that carry 1.75s but if you can find the right ones there are some good ones. I wouldn't recommend the colors for anything other than a puke. I shot some lidu salutes last year next to a 3" thunderbird and the lidu was louder.

Pyro Nation
03-14-2011, 07:32 PM
I don't have easy access to them. Closest is Lynch in Ohio, but even If I got them from him I have no storage here. Gonna try and talk to my guy from Celebration fireworks near me see if he would consider them..Only hope..lol

shellshocker
03-14-2011, 09:50 PM
Good luck getting John to bring in anything under 2.5". You do have other suppliers your way that have them. They aren't sponsers on here though.

Pyro Nation
03-14-2011, 10:33 PM
Yeah.. I figured as much.

GAPyro
03-21-2011, 10:23 PM
So far some of the best 1.3 1 3/4 inch shells I have shot would have to be lidu brand. They vary in quality just like 1.4g shells. Some are great and some suck...

hokester44
03-28-2011, 03:45 PM
Lets expand this conversation, because I agree with some of the previous posts stating that 1.75" 1.3 shells add a lot of flexibility and potentially a lot of value to a display. I've heard some 1.75" salutes that were excellent. Due to the smaller size and probability of having a decent number of 1.91" mortars, one could create some pretty nice effects (combining sound and color) with 1.75's cheaper than some cakes if you're willing to fuse them up.

What are the preferred brands or suppliers for these? I've seen Lidu getting props so far... what else?