PDA

View Full Version : Indian firework fountain matka anar by me

fireworkshell
10-29-2012, 03:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPxwvyuBexA

doctor
11-01-2012, 02:44 AM
These are manufactured by Gudiya fireworks... They are one of the biggest manufacturers of excellent quality earthen flower pots.

Some of their matka flower pots are also manufactured from paper pulp.

doc

fireworkshell
11-09-2012, 11:30 PM
These are manufactured by Gudiya fireworks... They are one of the biggest manufacturers of excellent quality earthen flower pots.

Some of their matka flower pots are also manufactured from paper pulp.

doc

yeah doc,absolutely right... those are some good innovation for india yet has a traditional feel to it just like bengal terracota fountains..

doctor
11-10-2012, 12:06 AM
yeah doc,absolutely right... those are some good innovation for india yet has a traditional feel to it just like bengal terracota fountains..

Hi Rajendra,

Can you post a video of the bengal Terracota fountains? or just a pic?

Also, i have read in an article regarding " Bengal Lights"...No idea wat r they?

Just get me so info on those....N i wish u were in Delhi we would have burnt a whole lot of crackers

Doc

fireworkshell
11-10-2012, 02:26 PM
In bengal the most famous firework fountain is called "TUBRI" it is used in worship of Goddess kali in kalipuja.

This video is from the city of kolkata in jadevpore district..The tubri fountains last few seconds but reaches a amazing height unto 50 to 60 feet and higher.

The fountain amazes me because its a invention of bengal and the bengali people.Just like I am a bengali but living in mumbai. Bengal is a an ancient great nation.

I wonder what wonders do the ancient world hold in fireworks technology and chemistry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg1F00PBHj4

displayfireworks1
11-11-2012, 08:59 AM
This is a great video from India, it looks like this is a competition to see who has the highest fountain. When I was watching the video, I was thinking to my self, I wonder how long it will take before some of them blow apart. LOL. As is typical with homemade fountains sometimes they have a tendency to blow part. For the audience it would not be any fun unless some of them blew apart. In a related video I am posting, it appears that these fountains are made using Terracotta pots. The man in this video is also from India, I am not sure if he follows my video or not, I sent him a message to join the forums, it looks like he also has video of fireworks he is making in India. Are pyrotechnic chemicals readily available in India?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zl55lqjtmYg
Quote from his video.
Terracotta pot fountain (known as Tubri) is a most popular firework of Bengal, a state of India, which is made with a type of BP, various Iron borings and filings .Bengal venerates her discovery of this fascinating Flower Pots (Tubris) by holding street to street competitions where judges observe mainly height, spread out, brilliance and beauty. These were two competition grade fountains in the video which contained 325-350gms of composition but I've seen in villages such fountains made by local pyros for firework shows which contains 10-15kgs of compositions. If I get a chance I will show you that amazing firework.
The video was taken from a distance of about 35 -40 meters with full wide setting; still it was not possible to keep it totally in a frame.

fireworkshell
11-11-2012, 03:37 PM
hi display,I was infact thinking of the person mentioned above to request him to join forum,He Is from India and my hometown in west bengal..Tubris are great fountain only if you value height.Tubris are sold commercially only in west bengal,wish they had in Mumbai.

Champak
08-22-2016, 01:55 PM
They are manufactured all over the north india...they are popularly known as Asharfee Anar ..Asharfee means "gold coins". When they burn they look like gold coins fountain..