PDA

View Full Version : fireworksshell

fireworkshell
10-29-2012, 03:38 PM
Hi I am from India,can anybody tell me History of fireworks shell? who invented it?who innovated it? Italians?french? japanese?

displayfireworks1
10-30-2012, 03:51 PM
I do not think anyone has the energy to type that entire history. Here is a link to Wikipedia on fireworks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fireworks

fireworkshell
10-30-2012, 06:27 PM
LOL....let me be more specific who invented firework shells?who innovated the colours and starburst?Is anybody educated here?

Pyro-T
10-31-2012, 07:13 AM
Who invented the internet with search engines?

displayfireworks1
10-31-2012, 09:28 AM
Al Gore created the internet…LOL

Since neither one of you are from United States, I should explain. When Al Gore was running for president this became a political joke. It starts near the 46 second mark in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0g-gar2Noxw

fireworkshell
10-31-2012, 08:13 PM
why are we discussing politics in a firework forum politicians use firework(nukes and mortar) to kill people pyrotechnics used fireworks(shells,fountain,roman candle) to dazzle people

displayfireworks1
11-01-2012, 12:53 AM
Sorry this joke got lost in translation as they say. For a detailed history of fireworks, it is best to search the internet for the answer because depending on whom you ask there are a few different answers. Although, my money is on the Chinese as the originators of pyrotechnics

doctor
11-01-2012, 03:05 AM
I am not sure bout the shells, but Rockets were used by king TIPU SULTAN of Mysore during baattles... Specially made rockets were tied to thin swords and fired at an angle towards the enemy.. The osccilating irregular path of the rocket (CG off) with the sword was kinda lethal...I have read this in one or two texts...

Shells or fireworks , Chinese excelled right from the day of invention.

Pyro-T
11-01-2012, 10:29 AM
In the deep fireworks history there are more than one theories about who invented what.

There is a story telling that in the beginning shells were filled with scarp pottery splinters to harm the enemy when shot under an angle.
Later the shells were re-invented in fireworks by adding colored stars in stead of the splinters.
People say it were the Japanese who re-invented the shell by this way, and that the Chinese people did their cultural copy-paste trick.

fireworkshell
11-01-2012, 02:11 PM
THE reason I asked about shells is because I read somewhere that Italians innovated shells and brought more range of colours to it.japanese might have innovated further but mainly in size

Pyro-T
11-02-2012, 03:21 PM
The Italian v.s. Azian stories.

Was spagetti made from the invention of Chinese Mi/nodles, or the other way around?
Did the Italian invent true colored fireworks, or the Japanese which was copied by the Chinese?
And what about the long firework history of Spain, Taiwan, and India? Not to forget English Malta.

I think you have to read the Internet your self, and read more than one story about the origine of fireworks.
After reading the multiple stories you may find a conclusion, as well as the answer on all your questions.

fireworkshell
11-06-2012, 04:23 PM
its interesting to see innovation.

Pyro-T
08-13-2013, 05:53 AM
I should have my doubts when I had to believe that the firework history of Italy goes further than Japan...