PDA

View Full Version : Howdy from Texas!

PyroJW
10-26-2012, 03:04 PM
I am attending my first Shootout event tomorrow. The club PAT looks similar to other
Organizations I have seen from you guys. There will be several type 20 & 54 people there as I'm very excited to handle and shoot some 1.3, but most importantly to have fun & be safe!

jknepp1954
10-26-2012, 06:17 PM
PyroJW - welcome to pyrotalk! Have a great time at the PAT event - have fun - be safe. Tell us all about it when you get back!

displayfireworks1
10-26-2012, 07:50 PM
Welcome to the forums PyroJW. I have been helping in man in northern Texas get his ATF Fireworks, I am just curious is that you?
Also for those of us that do not know what fireworks organization does the acronym PAT stand for?

PyroJW
10-26-2012, 11:47 PM
Thanks guys. Dave yes that is me, I put my type 54 on hold till after this event to explore my options for a contingency. I discovered Pat just by accident searching for shoot clubs, organizations etc. Pat stands for Pyrotechnics Artist of Texas. www.fireants.org

PyroJoeNEPA
10-27-2012, 10:45 AM
Welcome to the Forum PyroJW! Let us know how the shoot goes.

displayfireworks1
10-28-2012, 10:02 PM
The person I put you in touch with in Texas will help you with the documents you need, you should continue to pursue getting the ATF Fireworks license. Of course joining a fireworks organization is a great idea also. I am afraid if you put off the fireworks license too long you will not get it. It is up to you, do not wait too long.

PyroJW
10-30-2012, 09:49 AM
The shoot was simply amazing, I never thought I would get to attend a event like this. I had it in my mind I'd have to travel to PA to experience something similar LOL. There was a shell & rocket builder there, also a crossette builder. I built a 4in, 6in & 8in shell and then was able to shoot them. I defiantly want to pursue getting my type 54 now but at road block with trying to find a 1.3 distributor with contingency in the Dallas area. I have found several importers in Missouri. If anyone could help on this it would be appreciated.

copper acetoarsenite
11-07-2012, 07:01 PM
They say everything is big in Texas I hope that applies to fireworks display. After. You get that license
Welcome and best of luck