PDA

View Full Version : Displayfireworks1 future project

displayfireworks1
10-20-2012, 09:38 PM
I want to let everyone know even when you do not hear from me I am still working on various fireworks related activity.
I have been requested to help auction off a piece of pyrotechnic history. The device is a prototype of the original computerized fireworks firing system used by Disney for their fireworks displays. We are going back to the origins of computerized fireworks firing systems. This system was eventually used in all Disney Parks worldwide starting in the early 80’s. I am in communication with the original designer. If you subscribe to my fireworks videos and this website, you will hear more about it. I hope that in the next 40 days I will official announce more about it.

Dave displayfireworks1 pyrotalk.com

mnb071605
10-20-2012, 09:54 PM
I look forward to following the project.

valpoboom
10-21-2012, 06:50 PM
Now this sounds very interesting. Big history buff here.

ResidentialPyro
10-21-2012, 09:53 PM
One of my goals in life is to shoot with the Disney crew so this is awesome.

displayfireworks1
10-22-2012, 09:42 AM
Everyone recognizes the fabulous fireworks displays that Disney produces. I spoke with this person at length; he is one of the original designers of the computerized equipment used to display the fireworks back in 1980 and earlier. The stories he was telling me are great. He has photos and other memorabilia to go along with it. He is retired now but wants to share some of this history. I hope to interview him by phone and share some this history, when he started telling me all the history and how this system eventually made it to other Disney Parks I wanted to tell him stop wait until I can record this conversation somehow for others to hear. He and I just need to find a way to put it all together.

QuesoJim
01-13-2013, 05:08 PM
Awesome. Looking forward to hearing about it.

BlackCat99
09-13-2013, 10:42 AM
Any update on this? Would be a good read as I don't know anything about firing systems. What do they use now?

displayfireworks1
10-01-2013, 08:34 AM
Here is a picture sent to me. I was told this was the original "Computerized" fireworks firing system Disney used. All that survived are the circuit boards prototypes. The person wanted to sell them and to be honest he wanted a very high price. I told him I would assist him in selling the boards for what the market would pay. He agreed but never provided me with what was needed to market it. I believe he tried to sell it to various large display companies but they never responded to him. That is the last I heard

PuroJon
10-01-2013, 11:03 AM
That's a very cool piece of pyro history.