PDA

View Full Version : who is the atf angent for the southren part of new jersey

hatsgoods
10-03-2012, 12:48 PM
i was wondering who is the angent for the southren part of new jersey that does type 54 permits

jknepp1954
10-03-2012, 08:49 PM
I think you would be working with the Philly office

displayfireworks1
10-04-2012, 08:17 PM
When you apply for a 1.3 fireworks license, you never have to worry about who or where the agency is. Your application is sent to a central clearing location and they are the ones who determine what federal catchment you belong. Your application is then sent to that location for further processing.
Perhaps you want to call your local ATF office. Calling the ATF with fireworks related questions is a gamble unless you are already knowledgeable about how thinks work you may most likely get discouraged and not pursue applying for a license. My experience has been you will ask them questions they have no jurisdiction on such as permits, insurance, permission etc. You may or may not get an experienced inspector answering questions. For example, here in Pennsylvania where I live, it is one of the highest states with private individuals holding an ATF license and it has two of the largest display fireworks companies in United States. Thus, the inspectors in Pennsylvania are very knowledgeable about 1.3 fireworks. In a state like Arizona where there are few 1.3 licenses they may tell you all sorts of things on the phone. I was recently involved in helping an ATF license applicant that was denied verbally and persuaded to withdraw his application for a 1.3 license to purchase fireworks because he did not have a state certification to shoot fireworks. He was arguing with the inspectors on the phone and called me for advice. I advised him to stop calling and debating with the local ATF supervisor. I further advised him not to voluntarily withdraw the application and request they make a written decision on his application with the 90 day period. He never did get the “State Certification” they requested. At the 85-day mark, he received his license in the mail. The conclusion to be drawn is to not call this ATF office because they will tell you incorrect information. Calling the ATF can be a crapshoot in some locations. Also, think about where you work, is the best person to answer questions always the ones that answers the phone or is the best person to answer questions doing the work.
If you need help applying for a fireworks license consider my ATF DVD's

http://www.pyrotalk.com/shopping.php