PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the swamplands of LA

RealmMaster
09-29-2012, 09:09 PM
Hello all,

My name is Jerry and I am from SE Louisiana.

I'm new here to this group, however not I am no in anyway new to pyrotechnics.. I am a prior holder
of a BATF manufacturer license, although its been over 25+ years ago, I let it lapse due to family issues.

I never forgot the satisfaction and thrill of seeing a shell burst which we had spent hours constructing etc.

That was over 25+ years and I was a young guy, with a wife and 2 children, Now times have changed.

I am now disabled, but still can get around pretty good (COPD) and not with that prior spouse.. I have remarried to a wonderful woman.

Its just her and me and our loving dog and 5 cats, no children..

I'm looking forward to making new friends and hopefully I can be a asset to this fine forum.

RM

displayfireworks1
09-29-2012, 10:10 PM
Thanks for joining pyrotalk forums. I welcome all the pyrotechnic old timers to join and comment on the forums. Louisiana is certainly an interesting state rich in culture. Now we know that even in the remote swamplands of Louisiana people are enjoying fireworks.
In one of my video titled “Pyro on the Roof” a special effects company came to Pittsburgh from Louisiana to set up line rockets for a Christmas celebration. I have been trying to find the name of that company but have been unable to do so. I will post the video here in case you did not see it. As we approach that time of year again, I will have to see if American Fireworks has that contract again. If they do, perhaps they will allow me to follow along and capture some video. I really enjoyed it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nmnmU0wGQ4
Here is ground zero video footage of the rocket as it approaches the hotel rooftop. They had to fire the position when told to do so by radio communication. In hind site they should have just let us fire the roof where we saw they rocket hit the stopper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU3qvYmgU04
If anyone thinks they know whom the special effects company is out of Louisiana please feel free to comment. If I am invite back again this year, I will be sure to get more information. Pittsburgh usually does this event every year for the Christmas season

copper acetoarsenite
09-29-2012, 11:15 PM
Realmaster It does sound like you'll be a great asset to this forum; despite our individual harships; we have numerous blessings you do indeed seem blessed to have a wonderful wife and your animals which are just like children-and of course have souls. You are in a similar situation as me where you can't manufature them now...but you certainly can help people...by spreading knowledge of this art we may just be able to one day have our fireworks back!!! I have always felt that god smiles upon the fireworkers...if one looks at the stars [aptly named] it seems as if the universe is just a giant fireworks display in very very slow motion; it can be hypothesized that God himself is a fireworker as the individual stars are part of shells [the galaxies] which are part of the display the universe itself...in fact we are litterally created from star dust--in a purely scientific sense..so are of the same materials used to create the universe and are therefore connected to it...also even the chemicals used in the manufacture of fireworks are created from the nuclear reactions that occur inside the 'huge fireworks...the strontium and barium all from transmutation of simple molecules of hydrogen and helium..so living things and inorganic things are made from fireworks-literally!!!!
Welcome I look forward to your contributions :-D

Dave your videos do nothing to help my insomnia!!!! lol

copper acetoarsenite
09-30-2012, 01:02 AM
Dave I just got around to seeing your video...goergeous..dynamic and creative!!!
I really always love your videos...I see that even with a small display you put lots of effort into timing and arrangement ...Brilliant! I guess Santa did not leave coal in your stocking for Christmas...lol

Neil :-D

RealmMaster
09-30-2012, 04:47 AM
displayfireworks1,

I believe the company you are referring to is Pyrotecnico,. I know they have done work in PA

Thank you's for the warm welcome also

displayfireworks1
09-30-2012, 12:46 PM
No, this was not a traditional fireworks company; this is a special effects company. I will check with American Fireworks if they are doing the “Santa Spectacular” this year. This year I will get the name of the company.

fatcat
09-30-2012, 03:59 PM
Welcome to the forum. It is nice to see more guys from the South joining.

displayfireworks1
09-30-2012, 06:44 PM
At Copper Acetoarsenite

Over the years, I heard from many people watching my videos and the time factor.
.-When I first started this website my webmaster told me he had to make himself stop watching the videos and just post them to the website.
-I heard from a man in Demark that awakens every morning and drinks his morning coffee as he watches my videos.
- A subscriber told me every time I make a long video he plays it on his television and orders a pizza, he and his wife watch it.
-I hear from teenager’s home sick and passing time watching my videos.
- Many men tell me their wife hates me because they are always watching my videos.
-Many others complain they are staying up later than they wanted to.
-The list and stories go on…

So thanks for the comment about the insomnia. This is the feedback that keeps me going. LOL

Palermitano2
09-30-2012, 08:51 PM
At Copper Acetoarsenite

Over the years, I heard from many people watching my videos and the time factor.
.-When I first started this website my webmaster told me he had to make himself stop watching the videos and just post them to the website.
-I heard from a man in Demark that awakens every morning and drinks his morning coffee as he watches my videos.
- A subscriber told me every time I make a long video he plays it on his television and orders a pizza, he and his wife watch it.
-I hear from teenager’s home sick and passing time watching my videos.
- Many men tell me their wife hates me because they are always watching my videos.
-Many others complain they are staying up later than they wanted to.
-The list and stories go on…

So thanks for the comment about the insomnia. This is the feedback that keeps me going. LOL

This is no Joke HALF of your hits on the original WF BOOM tour are from me . a few times a week when I am trying to fall asleep I try to count how many times the guy in the video says the words "You Know"....LOLOL Keep the videos comming !!!!!!!!!!!!

copper acetoarsenite
09-30-2012, 10:34 PM
Dave I'm glad we inspire you to continue what you are doing...never get discouraged, you are helping us all, by promoting interest in fireworks in a very humble and approachable style, I never see any arrogance, or condescencion just a desire to share the art---that's very rare these days, in this world...I want my fireworks back-you are helping with that!!!

I'll just pick up a prescription for some ambien...lol

PyroJoeNEPA
10-01-2012, 11:43 AM
Welcome to the Forum RealmMaster. As you can see, it doesn't take much to get the guys going here!!!
COPPER--are you going to check the chemical composition of the ambien before you take it so see what color it will burn & if you can use it for multicolor star cores? LOL...gotta love it here! We are all pyro crazy!

copper acetoarsenite
10-01-2012, 09:55 PM
PyroJoe ...LOL!!!....maybe...:-D