PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks License Holland-Vuurwerk Licentie Holland

displayfireworks1
09-24-2012, 09:40 PM
I received a request for information about obtaining a fireworks license in Holland. I will remove the personal information. If someone in the
Netherlands can comment on this I would appreciate it.

icence
Hi there!! I hear you say ...maybe one day when you get your licence ....Well i am 41 and still do not have it ...Here in Holland a man has to be at at least 10 shows and helping to build things up and have it registred...Well i wrote hundreds of Pyro show companys but not one of them reacted positive ...They all said :No we have our own team ....Well how on earth shold i get the 10x building experiance,before i can go to the educational course ?? The course is given here..its about 3500 euros(!) but before you get allowed ,they need to see that i was at at least 10 shows and with stamp of the company...You see were I am getting at ??? Like this I can NEVER get my licence..And really I shoot shells for years and years in the Illigal way ....thats how they want it ?? They can have it ! We go 4x per year to Poland to buy ...not a single problem there,without licence;)) But I want more ...I want 8,10 and 12 inch shells and I want to be and make shows ..Its way more than a hobby ...i am every day busy with it and every weekend we go out shooting ...
Is there not a possibility that i follow course in an other country???
Pff i am 41 now and do not want to stay in the illigal circuit...you understand ?
I respect all of your work,and enjoy it every sparkle...
Ik kreeg een verzoek om informatie over het verkrijgen van een vuurwerk-licentie in Nederland. Ik zal verwijderen van de persoonlijke gegevens. Als iemand in de
Nederland kan op deze zou ik het op prijs stellen.

icence
Hi there!! Hoor ik u zeggen ... misschien op een dag als je je rijbewijs .... Nou ik ben 41 en nog steeds niet hebben ... Hier in Nederland een man moet zijn op ten minste 10 shows en helpen om dingen te bouwen op en het heeft geregistreerd ... Nou ik schreef honderden Pyro tonen Companys, maar niet een van hen reageerde positief ... ze zeiden allemaal: Nee, we hebben ons eigen team .... Nou hoe op aarde weergegeven moet krijg ik de 10x gebouw ervaring, voordat ik kan gaan naar de educatieve cursus? De cursus wordt hier gegeven .. haar ongeveer 3500 euro (!), Maar voordat je toegelaten, ze moeten zien dat ik was op ten minste 10 shows en met stempel van het bedrijf ... Je ziet was ik naar toe? ? Zo kan ik nooit mijn rijbewijs .. En echt ik schelpen schiet al jaren en jaren in de illigale manier .... dat is hoe ze het willen? Ze mag hem hebben! We gaan 4x per jaar naar Polen om te kopen ... geen enkel probleem daar, zonder vergunning;)) Maar ik wil meer ... Ik wil 8,10 en 12 inch schelpen en ik wil zijn en shows te maken .. Het is veel meer dan een hobby ... ik ben elke dag bezig met het en elk weekend dat we naar buiten schieten ...
Is er niet een mogelijkheid dat ik cursus te volgen in een ander land??
Pff ik ben 41 nu en niet wilt verblijven in het illigale circuit ... begrijp je?
Ik heb respect voor al uw werk, en geniet er elke schitteren ...

Pyro-T
09-27-2012, 02:22 PM
As a Dutch person you can save a bit by taking a German course in Pyrotechnics which takes 2 days.
The German certificate can be made legaly in The Netherlands by following a theoretical course in The Netherlands. Together you may spend about €1.000,00 - €1.500,00 including a hotel overnight in Germany.

Getting your practical experience is always via existing Dutch firework companies, and maybe its hard to get in, I understand. You must know that in The Netherlands there are not that much firework companies, and there are not to many Dutch fireworkshows to devide. So every new person who wants to get his practical experience may be seen as a potential new player in the market, and that is not what most companies like to see.
For me I did not had/have a hard job in getting in companies to help building shows. Maybe the person has tried the wrong companies, because some are still well willing.

This forum contains some Dutch and German members, most probably they can add some helping info too.

Vavoom
10-02-2012, 04:12 PM
In addition to the above one has to keep in mind that even IF you have your licence, that you still can't fire professional or consumer fireworks privately. To be allowed to shoot fireworks a permit (valid for a certain date and time window) needs to be given to a fireworks company.
IF you have a licence you can work FOR a company as the pyrotechnician in charge, which means you're the one that's responsible for living up to rules and regulations.

By the way, Dave, I find it peculiar that someone from NL is asking these questions to you. Given the fact that there are plenty of dutch forums with extensive information on this subject.

Pyro-T
10-04-2012, 08:29 AM
In addition to Vavoom's upper post:

1. If you have your Dutch licence to shoot fireworks, than you can only build- and shoot fireworks under supervision of the Pyrotechnician in charge.
2. To become a Dutch Pyrotechnician, you need to get your firing licence. This licence will only be given when you have a appropriate insurance.
3. This appropriate insurance which covers firework hazard- and incidents will cost a Dutch person about $10.000,00 on premium per every year.
4. Every Pyrotechnician needs a shooting permit per show he wants to shoot. This licence is given by the local authorities after their own research.
5. Having a shooting permit, you need to get the fireworks to the location. Transport of fireworks often needs a ADR transport licence and vehicle.
6. When you have a ADR licence and a ADR approved vehicle, then you can transport fireworks from the pick-up point to the shooting area.
7. Importing your own fireworks needs storage. When you want to storage Class 1.3 or higher, you are only allowed to do this outside the borders.
8. Renting a storage bunker, for example, in Germany will cost you about €250,00-€500,00 per month, besides your traveling costs.

... I hear you American people think ... Holland, the free and happy land of cheese, smoking weed, and legal Red Light districts.
You're completely right, as long as it has no fuse. :-)

The fact that a Dutch person asks an American person for information about Dutch fireworks regulations is to be called strange...
Next to this I personally find the way this person writes, gives me the idea he's a bit reckless, or even somewhat under educated.

Vavoom
10-05-2012, 11:59 AM
I second that, Pyro-T

darkalias
10-29-2012, 07:05 PM
go to Norway or sweden and get a license there and have your license converted to a dutch license
awsome those european laws

Vavoom
11-02-2012, 08:54 AM
go to Norway or sweden and get a license there and have your license converted to a dutch license
awsome those european laws

And even then, you'll still need to work FOR a fireworks company (that has to live up to rules and regulations as stated in previous posts). As an individual you may not shoot any fireworks (New Years Eve being an exemption).

darkalias
11-07-2012, 02:51 PM
And even then, you'll still need to work FOR a fireworks company (that has to live up to rules and regulations as stated in previous posts). As an individual you may not shoot any fireworks (New Years Eve being an exemption).

Ok thats right you still need to work for a fireworks company but if you have a license
wouldn't it be more tempting to hire you the one with a license then someone without a license

Vavoom
11-12-2012, 05:05 PM
Ok thats right you still need to work for a fireworks company but if you have a license
wouldn't it be more tempting to hire you the one with a license then someone without a license

Probably not, because a lot of companies work with volunteers. They like to hire as little people as possible. For a display only one licensee is necessary. The rest of the crew works under his/her supervision.

darkalias
11-17-2012, 10:00 PM
Probably not, because a lot of companies work with volunteers. They like to hire as little people as possible. For a display only one licensee is necessary. The rest of the crew works under his/her supervision.

Sorry but i have to dissagree with you as i seen it with my own eyes and experience that a license makes a big difference i have had major prioritys to me being choosen then others because i had a license

Vavoom
11-19-2012, 03:42 PM
Sorry but i have to dissagree with you as i seen it with my own eyes and experience that a license makes a big difference i have had major prioritys to me being choosen then others because i had a license

In that case we have found us a difference between Norwegian and Dutch pyro companies :/
Over here a license only makes a difference if a company is short on licensees. In other words if they can't manage with their own crew and absolutely need another licensee, because else the show may not be fired. In all other occasions chances are equal. What does make a difference, however, is if they know they can count on you (and deliver good work of course), but that's mainly a matter of keeping in touch, showing your face and being available on short notice.