PDA

View Full Version : Ematch

indianahx
03-07-2011, 09:40 PM
Was just looking for opinions on Ematch......

Where are good places to get it? For example, is it just more feasible to pick some up when you are purchasing your other 1.3 goods?

Also, is it allowable to buy Ematch and keep it, or does it fall under the same rules of contingency as all other 1.3?

PyroMonkey
03-07-2011, 11:27 PM
Since I'm new here, I'll let some of the "veterans" in the industry answer your question about where to purchase e-match.

With regard to storing it... as I understand it, the ATF requires that you store e-match in a magazine, but also prefers that you don't store your e-match in the vicinity of 1.3G product — which would also be in your magazine. Perhaps a small "hobby box" type magazine for storing igniters, in addition to a larger magazine for 1.3/1.4 product, would be the ideal solution.

Pyro Nation
03-07-2011, 11:37 PM
Monkey is right. If ya need the License to buy it ya need to be able to store it safely. Go's for quickmatch as well

Now I have had great success making my own E-match. Ya can buy the wire and head soldered on all ready so all you have to do is dip it in a ematch pyrogen. You can get a kit for that in several different places. Pyrodirect.com is one of them

boomboom
03-07-2011, 11:40 PM
Now I have had great success making my own E-match. Ya can buy the wire and head soldered on all ready so all you have to do is dip it in a ematch pyrogen. You can get a kit for that in several different places. Pyrodirect.com is one of them

after you make them they are a controlled item as well.....just a point of thought for everyone

Pyro Nation
03-07-2011, 11:41 PM
Yes they are boom boom. Still have to be handled and stored correctly according to ATF.

wakanga
03-18-2011, 11:43 PM
there are good companies who sell 1.3g items in the us try atf-us.com mike korbylo is a great guy to deal with, and i'm sure dave could throw in some ideas where are those items could be found since he always attends pgi's conventions everytime =)

Pyro Nation
03-19-2011, 05:34 AM
THere are a few right in NJ and PA that sell them for those looking.. MJG will deliver as well

GAPyro
03-21-2011, 10:18 PM
I dont think I have done business with any 1.3g companies that dont sell e-matches now a days... Just contact one of the local places near you that sell 1.3g fireworks, they should have electric match :) As far as storage they do need to be in a mag like 1.3 product.