PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone

PyroLove77
09-10-2012, 09:44 AM
Hello from WI. Been watching Dave's videos for quite some time now and finally decided just to register here and see what I could learn, offer, etc. I'm 35 and have been in love with Fireworks since I was a young child growing up in Texas. Laws in WI aren't nearly as generous, but I'm working on my class 54 1.3 BATFE license over this next year, as well as joining up with WPAG and other shoot clubs around here to take their courses and get certified. Looking for ward to being a member here and meeting like minded people.

displayfireworks1
09-10-2012, 09:50 AM
Thank you for joining the forums, I welcome people from all over United States and anywhere in the world to join.

PyroJoeNEPA
09-10-2012, 09:58 AM
Welcome to the Forum. I'm sure you will enjoy it here!

PyroLove77
09-10-2012, 04:04 PM
Thanks Guys, Appreciate the warm welcome and thanks for having me.

valpoboom
09-10-2012, 11:00 PM
Hello fellow pyro. This site keeps getting better with each new member.

PyroManiacs
09-12-2012, 01:29 AM
Welcome to the PyroTalk Forums!

tonyewell72778
09-12-2012, 06:30 AM
Welcome to pyrotalk

laquil
09-12-2012, 12:06 PM
Well come aboard your the man

algrant1
09-12-2012, 12:38 PM
Hi PyroLove77
Welcome to the group!

jknepp1954
09-12-2012, 04:26 PM
hello pyro Love - welcome to these wonderful forums.
Good move on joining Wpag! I have met some of those guys/gals from that club through the years when NFA was in Wisconsin - great group devoted to pyro!

PyroLove77
09-25-2012, 03:32 PM
Thanks everyone. And I finally ordered my DVD set from Dave today to get my 1.3 Class 54 license. Pretty excited about taking that step forward!

copper acetoarsenite
09-25-2012, 03:51 PM
Hi Pyrolove77 my name is Neil I'm new here too but it seems like a wonderful place many very nice welcoming people...congratualtions on your license, it must be wonderful...rock the sky papa!!!...I'm happy that this art is spreading...thanks in part to Dave's efforts...:-)

copper acetoarsenite
09-25-2012, 04:02 PM
Just to add what sucks bad about my state..is that the one company[whose name I wont mention-but it's an easy guess] that could offer contingency storage..wont because they hate people other than "professionals" having any type of fireworks...even class C..in fact I suspect they were a major reason the S&S bill was killed...they do great shows and their mortar angling is perfect...but still they are very elitist when it comes to fireworks, as if they own all of pyrotechny...yuk!

PyroJoeNEPA
09-25-2012, 04:41 PM
Elitism is, unfortunately, found throughout the ranks in the pyro industry---in businesses, clubs, forums, etc. Just like with any other topic. Someone always thinks they are "King of the Mountain" & look down on everyone else. What to do---shrug your shoulders & feel sorry for the lame minded people!

copper acetoarsenite
09-25-2012, 05:02 PM
it's weird as this is an art..i'd love to learn from a master how to make girandoles or good rockets...no one owns this field...everyone has something to bring to the table...but yes..I've avoided some other forums, I've also seen some are really good, but would get me into trouble lol, others I couldn't talk freely because the would say 'well you're from NY therefore you are discussing illegal things...Banned" ..though some of the contributers are indeed knowledgeable...

I love watching how other people do fireworks too as there are so many unique ideas...
Elitism doesn't really upset me as I know who I am and what I can and can't do, and my limitations...I don't let the creeps get me down I've had too rough an upbringing for that...but yes I agree fully with what you say Pyrojoe

PyroLove77
09-25-2012, 05:23 PM
That's a bummer Copper. I am able to obtain a letter for contingency storage when I need it, we have a great company close by who is very fond of building relationships with their clients. They do operate shows here and there, but I think retail 1.3g is their real money maker.

You may just end up having to purchase and get approved some sort of smaller magazine for yourself. Hard work but I have to assume it would be worth it in the long run.

copper acetoarsenite
09-25-2012, 05:40 PM
as soon as myon going court case is concluded I'm out of this dump anyways..NY was once great..but now it's horrible..i mean I don't mind the fact that it's been cleaned up, but now they even tell you what to eat and...they limit the size of what you can buy in fast food..I'm a toothpick...I don't need the government telling me i need calorie restrictions, they even wanna ban folk from smoking in their own homes...I'm more than content, as an observer, for now...furthermore, although there are more good police than bad...certain police are basically, pyschopathic vigilantes for private individuals, and to make it worse they scare the 'baby' cops into pulling the trigger so that, the real lunatics don't get caught...this problem is so severe that even good police officers up to lieutenant level are frightened-these are direct statements, this place has become a bit frightening...I don't need it-I'll go
besides where I live there no way a magazine would be safe...I'm in an apartment...lol..I light off a few things [class C] every now and then though-I just can't make a 'production' out of it ;-)

Good things come to those who wait...Good Sir

once gain though congratualtions and welcome :-D