PDA

View Full Version : Cobra 18R2 Scripted Remote

pyrodisco
09-03-2012, 02:33 AM
Hi All,

I'm preparing to get my type 54 license. Before I get the license, I'm trying to plan out my budget. One of the areas I'm interested in is choreographed fireworks shows. I saw that the Cobra offers a scripted remote that allows you to do choregraphed firework shows. Before I buy I'm wondering how the Cobra 18R2 allows you to start the fireworks show with the music to make sure the two are in sync.

Thanks

Dave

PyroMonkey
09-03-2012, 10:45 AM
Currently the Cobra 18R2 has no audio capability, so you would have to manually sync them as best you could. However, as demonstrated by Cobra at the PGI convention last month, there is a forthcoming audio interface unit for it. I didn't get much info on it, so perhaps someone else can chime in.

Kickthefog
09-03-2012, 11:15 AM
Kind of funny, I've literally JUST started experimenting with it with my 18R2, today in fact. Not knowing any better, using Finale Software, the way I see it working now (for me anyway) is to use a laptop to open and play the script file using voice queues in teh script to trip the very first queue which starts the script. Then they should match the laptop (playing the audio) within a few milliseconds... or as close as you can get counting down and pressing a button at the same time as the beep after the queue.

There may be a better way but as i said, i'm just getting started so... not sure I know what I'm talking about.

As PyroMonkey said, I've heard the same thing about the audio module being created and possibly even being available for the 4th next year! That would eliminate the need for the laptop (I think). So i'm looking forward to more info on that! :)

Pyro Nation
09-03-2012, 03:33 PM
They have a prototype out. Look for it next year

pyrodisco
09-03-2012, 07:09 PM
Would the audio interface work with the current remote or would you have to buy a new remote?

Kickthefog
09-03-2012, 07:48 PM
Would the audio interface work with the current remote or would you have to buy a new remote?

Although I don't know.... my money is on it working with the old and new remote. Scott from Cobra has made all his stuff, old and new work together flawlessly up to this point. I'm betting it will continue to all work together.

He really has his act together and really cares about his customers, so I don't think he will leave any system owner, old or new out in the cold without new features, unless technology gives him no other choice.

Pat

Pyro Nation
09-03-2012, 09:09 PM
Well, seeing how it would be designed for the pyromusical I would lean towards it would be for the 18R2 since that is the scripted one

Kickthefog
09-03-2012, 09:36 PM
Ahh yes. Very good point Pyroliffic.

Pat

Northern Sky
09-04-2012, 08:38 AM
The 18R2 controls the music box. The music box is synced to the 18R2 the same way an 18Ms is and controlled remotely.