PDA

View Full Version : Another Guy from Ky

Kev in Ky
08-20-2012, 07:48 PM
Hello everyone,
I've been lurking the forums and the massive amount of youtube videos from Dave, and all of this site sponsors, and figured it was time to join Pyrotalk, so after some registration problems, I am making my first post. Now, for a little about myself. Born and raised in Louisville, Ky, and been hooked on fireworks since my first "Thunder over Louisville" visit many years ago. Now, at the age of 27 (in 8 days) I have decided to start the task of getting licensed. Since I was a kid, I would save as much money as possible, and try to have the nicest firework display in the neighborhood. Not being able to buy wholesale and being limited to 1.4 products, makes it harder to really enjoy this wonderful hobby as much as I would like. I am hoping to meet some local people/groups to get my feet wet, before jumping into the large events. I've always loved helping people, and bringing happiness to someone, so I like to use a good firework show to accomplish this. Probably sounds "cheesy" but that's just how I am. So, if anyone has any comments/questions/tips/concerns, please feel free to voice it.

Lastly, I would like to say thank you to Dave, and every single advertiser/sponsor of pyrotalk. As someone else said in a different thread, my plan is to support the sponsors, and basically try to stick with them only. Without you all, I wouldn't have had the countless hours (days/weeks) of entertainment. SO THANK YOU ALL! ;)

-Kevin-

valpoboom
08-20-2012, 08:00 PM
Welcome. Wow alot of guys form Kentucky. I lurked here for a while too and decided it was time to join, share and ask questions. Best place to learn, explore and just enjoy this great hobby.

Kickthefog
08-20-2012, 10:16 PM
Welcome Kevin!

Pyro Nation
08-21-2012, 12:01 AM
Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your stay

PyroJoeNEPA
08-21-2012, 11:14 AM
Welcome to the Forum. And to all the "lurkers" out there----stop lurking & join the party!!!

Kev in Ky
08-21-2012, 03:00 PM
Thanks to all, for the friendly welcomes. And I agree with Joe, wish I would have joined sooner, would probably have more friends and already be going to events and such!

BluegrassPyro1
08-22-2012, 09:45 PM
Welcome! I used to live in Kentucky but now live in Hoosier land but make it across the river on the weekends to my old western ky stomping grounds. Within the year I expect I will be moved back.

josereyn74
08-24-2012, 11:26 PM
Glad to see another guy from the Louisville area! Welcome to the forum.

laquil
08-26-2012, 06:41 AM
Well come aboard nice to meet you

displayfireworks1
08-28-2012, 09:03 PM
Hello and welcome to the forums, I see you are from Louisville Kentucky. You are close to one of my advertisers Nite Lites in Leitchfield KY. You should check him out. His contact information is on the sponsor page.

Kev in Ky
08-29-2012, 07:08 PM
Thank you all, you're far too kind, haha

Dave, I would have already went there, but debating on going after I get my 1.3 license. Ive been to that area before, just never to the store. May call and see what kind of 1.4 deals/specials are going on, or at least order a catalog, and see if it's worth going sooner.