PDA

View Full Version : Question in manual firing shells

inlinewithyou
08-07-2012, 05:50 AM
Hi Dave, as always, I've been watching most of your uploads if I have spare time. There are videos that really helps me a lot on my starter days back in 2009. What I am really wondering about is the manual firing of shells that most of your videos have while there are a lot of firing systems are made and being sold. I am just concern about the safety of the technician because I am pretty sure that the safety of the technician is one of the main reason why firing systems are built.

I just have one reason in my mind: "e-match are expensive" :D

displayfireworks1
08-07-2012, 09:40 AM
The main reason fireworks firing systems are build is to more rapidly or more precisely fire your fireworks. As technology advances over the years so do these systems. These firing systems do not eliminate accidents they create an entirely new set of problems.
Electric match is very inexpensive but labor intensive. Sure it adds slightly to the cost, but not that much. Normally a hand fired display that you could complete with two people now needs three people to help with the extra set up and testing. I am also finding out not everyone is able to use and secure electric match, I tried to train people how to tie electric match into ports and for some reason the can not make the knot of simply secure it to the device.
Another reason is, there are not enough qualified people to use these systems and there are not enough systems out these. Let’s use the July fourth holiday here in United States, our main fireworks holiday. There are thousands of fireworks displays across United States; there just are not enough systems or qualified technicians to use them. Some of these technicians may only fire one fireworks display a year. They have the basic training of placing a shell in a mortar and lighting it.
For people advertising with me I try to make training videos on how to use their systems for simple firings and how to quickly turn their systems off in the event of an emergency. My hope is that the newly trained technician in the field can always reference my video on the internet to refresh his memory on how to set the system up.
Ang pangunahing dahilan na mga paputok pagpapaputok sistema ay bumuo ay upang mas mabilis o mas tiyak na sunog ang iyong mga paputok. Bilang technology advances sa mga nakaraang taon upang gawin ang mga sistema. Ang mga pagpapaputok system ay hindi matanggal ang mga aksidente gumawa sila ng isang buong bagong hanay ng mga problema. Electric tugma ay napaka murang pero labor intensive. Na ito ay nagdadagdag ng bahagyang sa gastos, ngunit hindi na magkano. Karaniwan kamay ng isang fired display na maaaring makumpleto mo sa dalawang tao na ngayon ay nangangailangan ng tatlong tao upang makatulong sa labis na-set up at pagsubok. Ako rin sa paghahanap kung hindi lahat ay maaaring gamitin at secure ang electric tugma, sinubukan ko upang masanay ang mga tao kung paano itali electric tugma sa ports at para sa ilang kadahilanan ay hindi maaaring gumawa ang magkabuhul-buhol ng lamang-secure ito sa aparato. Ang dahilan ay isa pang, walang sapat kwalipikadong mga tao upang gamitin ang mga sistema at walang sapat na sistema ang mga. Sabihin gamitin ang holiday ng Hulyo ikaapat dito sa Estados Unidos, ang aming pangunahing mga paputok holiday. May mga libu-libo ng mga paputok nagpapakita sa Estados Unidos; doon lamang ay hindi sapat na mga sistema o mga kwalipikadong technicians upang gamitin ang mga ito. Ang ilan sa mga technicians ay maaaring lamang Fire isang paputok ipakita sa isang taon. Mayroon sila ang pangunahing pagsasanay ng paglalagay ng isang shell sa isang mortar at pag-iilaw ito. Para sa mga tao na advertising sa akin subukan ko upang gumawa ng mga video ng pagsasanay sa kung paano gamitin ang kanilang mga sistema para sa mga mga simpleng firings at kung paano upang mabilis na buksan ang kanilang sistema sa kaganapan ng isang kagipitan. Ang aking pag-asa ay na ang mga bagong sinanay na tekniko sa patlang na laging isangguni ang aking video sa internet upang i-refresh ang kanyang memorya sa kung paano itakda ang sistema.

matandch
08-07-2012, 11:17 AM
Pre-inserted ematched shells have been identified as the cause for several serious accidents. Shell should be ematched on site. Transporting and handling pre-matched shells can be very dangerous.

In my opinion Dave is right. The main advantage of ematched shells is precision and timing for a display. Ematching brings a whole set of it own safety issues which doesn't necessarily mitigate safety concerns.

inlinewithyou
08-09-2012, 05:18 AM
Thanks Dave and Matandch! So I now have information why there are fireworks companies there that are still in hand firing shells, thanks!. In my few years of firing a show, I haven't done and will never do a pre-inserted ematched shells, as I know this is very dangerous. Even doing a daisy-chained shells I am also scared to do so sometimes.

And yeah, I just figured out that ematch sometimes doesn't give a perfect show. I had some experience that even though the test of ematches in the firing system are 100%, during the show there are some ematches that won't fire. So just for the sake, I'm adding up extra cost of having 2-ematch in the opening and finale. While there are reserved fuse at the back of the 1.3 cakes and do hand fire if the ematch didn't pop. Like you Dave, I've been with some problems in my shows days back but haven't been thru a cancellation of show :) Your videos really helps me a lot.