PDA

View Full Version : Firing System Question

That_Fireworkguy
03-06-2011, 10:45 PM
Edited for daves enjoyment......since i didnt pay him to advertise here......

ddadmin
03-06-2011, 10:55 PM
I sent you a private email with two choices in it please pick one before you make another post

Dave pyrotalk.com administrator

That_Fireworkguy
03-06-2011, 11:03 PM
so this is what i get here were my @ choices he spoke of........not much of a choice if you ask me

That_Fireworkguy
03-06-2011, 11:04 PM
60................................................ ...........

That_Fireworkguy
03-06-2011, 11:10 PM

maybe this is what this site is more about

ddadmin
03-06-2011, 11:19 PM
Dam, you picked the wrong one. It only cost a little to advertise. But now we see the charcter behind the product. Who keeps those symbols readily available?

ddadmin
03-06-2011, 11:31 PM
No, no ,allow me to show everyone your system and the way you do business. i ask you properly if you wanted to advertise and look how you respond.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AlZi2fb89E

I want all you clowns out of here, you violate all your own rules. It is borderline dangerous and unethical. That whole website should be shut down over there. It is a breeding ground for hatred.
Dave displayfireworks1 pyrotalk.com

Orangie
03-06-2011, 11:44 PM
Dave did you ever just think about removeimg the entire
Thread. I got a chance to read it. And he never said he worked
For them. He said he was a tester. Before you bash someones livelihood
Maybe you could do some creative editing

Knightmare
03-06-2011, 11:50 PM
That whole website should be shut down over there. It is a breeding ground for hatred.

What website?

Orangie
03-06-2011, 11:54 PM
I dont know forsure cause I just say the post briefly and never viewed
The link

I am afraid to post a link. I just signed up and I don't want and trouble

Pyro Nation
03-07-2011, 12:07 AM
Orange.. Being a tester for something and advertising it is pretty much the same as working for them in my eyes.

Pyro Nation
03-07-2011, 12:07 AM
On another note I just saw the site I use for the wireless system advertised on the top banner..lol Now is that a targeted ad from google or a advertiser...

St1dinoh
03-07-2011, 12:29 AM
Orange.. Being a tester for something and advertising it is pretty much the same as working for them.

not to stir the pot anymore than it already has been (seriously...nazi symbols??? really?) but the pyro community is often small and very close knit. if a guy decides to start selling his own system he'll often make some prototypes and loan them out to fellow club members to get some feedback. in that regard being a "tester" doesn't quite carry the same implications as you are eluding to.

that being said, restarting a locked thread with a link to a product isn't a great way to go about things. mistakes were made all around, edit or lock the threads and be done with it.

it's going to prove rather difficult to say one way or another if someone is advertising or not. in the community there are many guys who just want to help each other out by offering a review on something. someone starts a thread asking about firing systems, a guy makes a positive post about a company he likes, and now he's banned...

was that guy the owner of the company? or was he just a happy customer trying to help his fellow pyro's...

i happen to know in that particular case the guy does not work for the link he posted but i don't envy the person who has to sit there and decide if it's "advertising" or not to post a link to a good supplier...

it's not easy to be %100 right when you are forced to read into everything from everyone.

one last point...

a prospective advertiser might misinterpret this "rule" as a negative thing and therefore be less inclined to advertise.

the old saying about attracting more flies with honey comes to mind.

might be something to consider.

eldridgejoe
03-07-2011, 12:35 AM
Hi Dave, Long time fan and generally agree with you, Not in this case entirely though. This is a place where I will come for recommendations of all kinds and I hope I can use it for that? Also it seems this site is hosted by google and there was a targeted ad to me for the link that I pasted in my original post from this site. That is where I got the information. Google will target all over the place.

tyler-durden
03-07-2011, 01:35 AM
Hi Dave, Long time fan and generally agree with you, Not in this case entirely though. This is a place where I will come for recommendations of all kinds and I hope I can use it for that? Also it seems this site is hosted by google and there was a targeted ad to me for the link that I pasted in my original post from this site. That is where I got the information. Google will target all over the place.
Exactly, what you put up is already being advertised here:
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b264/shizzle503/Untitled.jpg

Pyro Nation
03-07-2011, 03:32 AM
Yeah...thats the google ads that are auto directed at a certain client. I dont believe this is on Dave's end, but something he may need to take care of or can cause many more issues later down the road

burnphone1
03-07-2011, 01:43 PM
No, no ,allow me to show everyone your system and the way you do business. i ask you properly if you wanted to advertise and look how you respond.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AlZi2fb89E

I want all you clowns out of here, you violate all your own rules. It is borderline dangerous and unethical. That whole website should be shut down over there. It is a breeding ground for hatred.
Dave displayfireworks1 pyrotalk.com
I think all pyro-u members should note the change in Dave's attitude.
no longer is it a few guys that might be from pyro-u that are his problem. You should come here and play by his rules and he wants the competition shut down, even though many of the U members have come here and been nothing but helpful.