PDA

View Full Version : Michigan laws

nrubmx
07-27-2012, 01:52 PM
my aunt lives in MI and i shoot in MI usually and she told me that they are review the fireworks laws because too many yahoos got hurt this year..lets hope that they didnt ruin it for everyone up in michigan

nitro25
07-27-2012, 02:55 PM
I have not heard, seen or read anything about them reviewing the new law.

SilverBullet Pyro
07-27-2012, 03:00 PM
Well if people are getting hurt its their own fault usually stupidity doing something your not supposed to do with them

nrubmx
07-28-2012, 12:31 AM
i totally agree its their fault and i hope they arent nitro!!

jknepp1954
07-28-2012, 04:54 AM
We @ Kneppy's Fireworks belong to a professional state business association call Pa. Pyrotechnics Association. Our head moderator/lobbyist posted this article from the Patch.com :

Thousands of Michigan residents this summer are still making noise about the additional noise as a result to easier access to fireworks.

West Bloomfield resident Brad Lang is among them and is soliciting support from residents across the state to repeal the Fireworks Safety Act of 2011, which was designed to increase revenue to the state and encourage citizens to buy consumer fireworks in Michigan rather than in neighboring states.

"The result has been a drastic increase in the amount and violence of private fireworks displays all over the state of Michigan, thereby endangering people, pets and property. It is not worth the additional revenue," Lang wrote in a letter to members of the Michigan civic action group, MoveOn, adding that is why he created a petition on SignOn.org.

The petition has attracted signers from all over the state and Metro Detroit area, citing various concerns, including: record-breaking dry conditions, high costs for health care, and noise pollution. The 4,700 who have signed the petition are asking the Michigan legislature to repeal laws signed this year, making fireworks easier to purchase.

The SignOn.org petition, with a listed target goal of 5,000 signatures, reads:

"We call upon the members of the Michigan Legislature to immediately repeal the Fireworks Safety Act 256 of 2011, and for the Governor to sign that repeal, in the interest of the safety and well-being of the citizens of Michigan."

A recent Patch poll also shows support for a repeal: 65 percent of those who answered said the act "goes too far."

Meanwhile, county and local government officials, in addition to public safety officers, have worked to deal with citizens' complaints and the potential for hazards given the proliferation of explosives. In Troy, City Council has discussed the possibility of an ordinance regulating fireworks use in the city, though no further action has been taken.

The way I see it, fireworks have their place.
The 4th of July stirs a deeper part of me that goes largely unrecognized throughout the year - the bombshell explosions, the ratitat-tats work largely dormant emotions that could only be described as a profound respect for the men and women who have served in armed combat. Almost as though the 4th of July rekindles the thought of what it might have sounded like during war time battles.

Sometimes I don't watch the actual fireworks, instead choosing only to listen to them. The respect and gratitude toward such brave souls, and the fear and hope they had is something I consider sacred during the 4th of July explosions.

With that said - during the 2012 4th of July holiday, I was struck with a new emotion... something I've never felt before. Explosions and rati-tat sounds were happening everywhere. And it was... scary - it was as though there was a war happening all around me; a chaotic civil sounding war. I didn't like it. I didn't like the neighborhood sounding like that.

Afterward, sulfuric smelling smoke rolled through the neighborhood - a type of smell that you know is hazardous. I ignored it while the night lasted, but I knew it was not something I would call sacred, not in a classical sense anyway.

I'm almost 30 years old, I've lived in troy all my life and I don't consider myself a conservative person. But I will say that what I experienced this past 4th of July was something I do not want to experience again.

nitro25
07-28-2012, 11:39 AM
Here is a good read. They were all pretty much for the new law. They are not gonna change their minds and undo the new law!!!!

http://www.mlive.com/politics/index.ssf/2012/07/michigan_fireworks_law_changes.html#incart_river_d efault

Starxplor
07-28-2012, 12:33 PM
I rarely agree with the state republicans here, but on this one I do, mostly. This year was the first year many people, including those my age, have ever had legal fireworks to light. Of course people went nuts. I expect next year to have less people lighting, but bigger and more designed displays as the novelty of new fireworks wears out and those dormant pyros start to come out(like me!). The only reason I do not entirely agree with the state government is there needs to be more state run training, paid for with funds from the extra fireworks tax, for the local and county police departments, and maybe even for the mayors and city councils and even open to the press. They need this training so they can be taught what exactly is legal, and what they can do to limit the illegal displays. They need to be expected by the state to enforce the law, because it is not the wild west here in Michigan when it comes to fireworks.