PDA

View Full Version : Ignitor Clips

logansrun
07-21-2012, 10:27 PM
Hey guys/gals!

I'm in the process of buying the Cobra System, but am stumped on the Igniter Clips.

I've done a search, and found nothing on the site, nor google. So.......?

How many times does ONE clip work? Is it a "one and done", or do you use them till they run down? If the latter, how many ignitions do they usually last?

Any other info on this subject would be appreciated! I actually have my order sitting here, but need to know this before finishing.

Thanks in advance!

Minishow
07-21-2012, 10:40 PM
It's just one and done, they burn the wire apart when when you fire.

indianahx
07-21-2012, 11:12 PM
You will find that once in a blue moon those igniters will not completely burn out on one shot and can get two hits on them. It's not ideal but I have seen it happen. Realistically like said previously, they are one and done.

As a side note, when hitting the button on your system, be sure you hold the button down and not just a quick click. Those igniters are meant to pass current through them so they get hot and ignite unlike ematch that has pyrogen on it and ignites instantly. Some times people don't realize this and think they have either a faulty firing system or bad igniters. Get you some and test a few to get a feel for them.

Minishow
07-21-2012, 11:49 PM
Yes holding the button down is true for many systems but with the cobra you can set the burn time for consumer igniters.

logansrun
07-22-2012, 06:17 AM
Thanks guys/gals! That's what I figured, but couldn't find the answer. I'm probably just stupid and missed it.:-)

Well, that means I need to get LOTS!

Cheers!

GApyroCHICK
07-23-2012, 03:06 PM
They have a pretty decent video here, in case you haven't watched it already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=w_377s1Dcwc

Starxplor
07-24-2012, 06:22 PM
I have my first set of ignitors on the way, falcon 2 as part of a package. I expect I will end up having to clip in-built fuses as these attatch at the end.