PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Leesburg, VA

logansrun
07-20-2012, 05:28 AM
Good Morning!

As others have done, I sent for Dave's video on obtaining my type54 license, and will have it filled out asap. Hopefully some past dalliances with the law don't detour my fun!

I come from a family of pyros! 4th of July for me was like Christmas to most kids. We would spend the night at my Grandparents House (On the beach of Puget Sound, WA) every year. When we woke, my Grandfather would have put a paper bag (large lunch bag) full of firecrackers, bottle rockets, smoke bombs, buzz bombs, rat chasers, roman candles, etc...right next to our beds. We would spend HOURS on the beach, blowing up everything we could, and shooting bottle rockets at the boats (they were WAAAY too far out to hit).

In the evening, Grandpa would have about an hours worth of every firework imaginable for the early 70's! The beach would be full of smoke by the end of the evening. It was awesome!!! Great memories!

As we got older, we started taking trips up to BOOM CITY (Indian Reservation). Hundreds of stands all in one location! And back then, you could ask for M80's, and they would have them "under the table". Again, awesome memories!

I then had to move to California for College, and my hobby had to take a back seat to life and the laws of that horrible state!

Then, in 1999 I moved to VA. That first year, I was working out at the local golds gym, on a stair stepper to be exact. And a commercial came on the tv above my head: Phantom Fireworks! My eyes got big, and I got friggin excited! I looked at my wife (next to me) and said "I'm going there tomorrow!". She rolled her eyes.

I went up, and came back with $500 worth of fun!

From there, I've just continued the hobby with vigor. Going from Retail buying to Wholesale. Needless to say, when I graduated to Wholesale, my hobby became massive. Hoarding is an understatement!

I'll stop boring you. I'm sure most here have the same experiences so...

I'm glad I found this place! Dave's video's are awesome, and I look forward to the conversation!

Cheers!

nitro25
07-20-2012, 07:33 AM
Hello and welcome!!

PyroJoeNEPA
07-20-2012, 10:14 AM
Welcome to the Forum! I hope my grand kids [6] will someday tell stories about their fireworks days at my house. What a legacy!

pyromustang
07-20-2012, 11:14 AM
Welcome to the forum.

logansrun
07-20-2012, 12:23 PM
Thanks guys!

That's what I'm hoping as well! My two girls, 9yo and 7yo's, stand in the smoke of a smoke ball and inhale! They love the smell! On average, they're asking me to light something every other day. Legacy Continued.

Welcome to the Forum! I hope my grand kids [6] will someday tell stories about their fireworks days at my house. What a legacy!

Steviet000
07-20-2012, 01:47 PM
Welcome and glad to see the bug bit you again!

pyroshaun
07-20-2012, 06:37 PM
hello and welcome

westcoastpyro
07-20-2012, 06:41 PM
Welcome to the forum, fellow NorthWest pyro. Good old BOOM CITY not what it once was but still boomin. :-)