PDA

View Full Version : Massachusetts Town's Display (Faulty Shells)

akrat17350
07-12-2012, 05:29 PM
I dont know if anyone has heard this but people have been finding live firework shells in bunch of towns. Pyrotecnico was the comapny that put on most of the shows and im jsut curious if this happened anywhere else?
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2012/07/10/shells-from-ware-fireworks-display-explode-on-park-worker-mowing-lawn/

Boub
07-12-2012, 05:50 PM
I wonder what shells they were using this year?

displayfireworks1
07-12-2012, 06:57 PM
This is very unfortunate for Pyrotecnico. Did you notice how quickly everyone in the town turned on the company. When you do these fireworks display you can go from hero of the town to public enemy number one in a minute. Some states have rules that require the technician to return to the shoot site at “First Light” to check for unexploded shells, this also requires the fire chief return to the site also. This may give some credence to a program by the American Fireworks Standards Laboratory to inspect and certify all 1.3 fireworks entering the United States.

firetruckie
07-12-2012, 07:55 PM
have done six shows so far this season with the company i work for between ct and ny and at every show we check and the fire marshall also checks every rack before it is broken down and put back on truck and if a shell is found it is recorded and stored properly.the state firemarshall was telling us about this at our 4th of july show.

akrat17350
07-12-2012, 09:24 PM
I totally agree, and i love how the local media makes it seem like pyrotenico didtn thier job. I hate living in a state where the state fire marshal out right bans 1.4 fireworks and makes it hard for a hobbyist get gain a foothold

akrat17350
07-12-2012, 09:35 PM
I've been trying to look for shoot courses that i can get cerficied in the state of mass but ive no luck. anyone know how to get this done?

firetruckie
07-13-2012, 04:27 AM
I've been trying to look for shoot courses that i can get cerficied in the state of mass but ive no luck. anyone know how to get this done?

your best bet is to open phonebook or google firework display companies in mass and call them up and ask if they are looking for any apprentices.did my first season with a company out of new york this year and got 5 shows upder my belt.right of the bat you will get your atf possesors cert which means you can hold a shell in your hand at a show and thats it.was told 3 yrs and so many shows to get my shooters cert where i can run my own crew.