PDA

View Full Version : Hello my fellow pyromaniacs...

Big Show
07-11-2012, 12:44 AM
Hi all, new guy to the forums. I am kind of a noob to the hobby, I have always been intrigued since being a young lad by pyrotechnics and enjoyed watching in when I can and the videos Dave and others have put on YouTube. I live in Tampa and I am excited to further learn about this new hobby with 1.4 and will probably delve into the world of 1.3 some time in the future. Me and my family as well as friends always celebrate with a blast on the holidays with fireworks. The site looks good and I plan to learn a lot of good info.

nitro25
07-11-2012, 07:24 AM
Hello and welcome!!

tarkus4
07-11-2012, 07:36 AM
Welcome to the forums, and you have come to the right place to learn about your new hobby.

PyroManiacs
07-11-2012, 07:37 AM
Welcome. You shouldnt have any problem learning from this forum. Its great!

fatcat
07-11-2012, 10:02 AM
Good morning and Welcome to the site. Lot of info here

BluegrassPyro1
07-11-2012, 12:24 PM
Welcome to Pyrotalk.com!

PyroJoeNEPA
07-11-2012, 12:32 PM
Welcome to the Forum. Don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have. People here don't bite!!

Jgasparas1
07-11-2012, 04:14 PM
Question: after I get mbtype 54 ( assuming I get approved) once I buy 1.3 am I allowed to take them home? Also do I need a permit to shoot them in a state where fireworks are already legal?

Big Show
07-11-2012, 06:43 PM
Thank you all for the warm welcome, I've been learning a huge amount about the hobby and already sent Dave funds to get my type 54 license. I've been gathering a lot of information about 1.3 lately and am looking into doing private shows for birthdays, corporate functions and weddings. Thanks again to everyone.

Big Show
07-11-2012, 06:47 PM
Question: after I get mbtype 54 ( assuming I get approved) once I buy 1.3 am I allowed to take them home? Also do I need a permit to shoot them in a state where fireworks are already legal?

I can answer that.... U can not store any 1.3 unless u have a magazine, most just have contingency storage with the wholesaler, but at no time can you store 1.3, when the ATF agent comes to interview you, you will need to show access to your fireworks magazine. If you do not have one, when you buy it, you better make sure your seller has space and agreeable for storage. I found this out via Dave' really informative videos on YouTube. And the second part of the question is once your licensed you can purchase, that is all the license guarantees. To display you will have to go before the local municipalities for proper license to shoot in that area, I believe...

Pyro Nation
07-11-2012, 08:24 PM
Welcome Big Show.. Enjoy your stay.. Contrary to PyroJoe about people biting... I DO.. so be careful.. I havent had my shots yet either just a FYI. : OP

Jgasparas1
07-11-2012, 08:33 PM
what's a magazine? (new to all this 1.3 stuff) hopefully the DVD's I ordered will help with my questions

Big Show
07-11-2012, 08:42 PM
It's basically a shipping container.
Thanks pyroliffic, I can handle a little biting especially when correction is due. :)