PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Philly

Boub
07-07-2012, 08:51 AM
Hello everyone. I am new to the Pyro talk forums but not new to fireworks. My family and I have done 1.4 shows primarily for the 4th of July now for many years and have eventually stepped into wholesale, electronic firing, homemade e-matches, etc. With Dave's help this year, I got my type 54 and did our second 1.3 show over the 4th. We had a ton of fun setting up and firing the show, but it certainly had its flaws. I am looking forward to learning from the experts here and perfecting our shows in the future.

nitro25
07-07-2012, 10:10 AM
Hello and welcome!! There are a lot of smart people in here and I am learning a ton.

PyroManiacs
07-07-2012, 10:38 AM
Hey Bro, where in Philly are you? Im in the North East. Glad to see another Philadelphia Pyro.

Boub
07-07-2012, 10:41 AM
Hey Bro, where in Philly are you? Im in the North East. Glad to see another Philadelphia Pyro.

Hey PyroManiac, yes, good to see Philly Pyro's! I live in the Gilbertsville area, u?

PyroManiacs
07-07-2012, 10:52 AM
Im in Philadelphia itself, about an hour South East of you. I Live in the Holmesburg/Pennypack area.

How was your fourth?

Boub
07-07-2012, 11:16 AM
Oh cool.. I used to shoot in pistol competitions down by the Holmesburg Prison. They had a really good team years ago. The Fourth huh?? Well, all in all it was good, but we had alot of problems due to the rain. I'm originally from Pittsburgh, so we always travel back to Western PA to do our fireworks shoots. It hadn't rained all week until about 4:30 on Wednesday, right in the middle of setup. Unfortunately, alot of our racks took on some water, and while the shells were ok, the visco got wet and we had ALOT of misfires. We ended up rewiring and re fusing the stuff that went off, and eventually got everything in the sky. We had a really nice pyromusical all setup, but it turned out to be alot of wasted time. Such are the ways in this hobby. In any case, we got to shoot 5 cases of 1.3 and 15 cases of 1.4, WAAAAAAY too much setup for two guys. We learned alot, and will regroup for the next shoot. How was your fourth?

PyroManiacs
07-07-2012, 12:01 PM
I actually live 4 blocks from the prison, lol.
And glad to hear you got all the shells up in the air.

Mine wasnt all that awesome this year due to my car being stolen in the beginning of June. Therefore I had no funds to spend this year on fireworks due to having to save now to get another one.

My fiance's aunt actually bought me a case of reloadables and surprised me with them. Family comes in clutch right when you need them, LOL.
So thats all about I did was just shoot a few boxes of shells.

Ill be going to a few meets in the next few months. One at the end of this month and one at the end of august.

Also looking into getting my type 54 before the fall. So I have a lot on my plate that has to get done.

Boub
07-07-2012, 01:52 PM
Sorry to hear about the car, that really sucks. I'm glad to hear that you ended up with a case of something to have fun with! What kind of shells were they? Dave sells a video on how to get the 54. That's what I did, and it worked perfectly. Let me know if you have any questions when going through the process. I can help you out with the contingency plan in the Eastern Pa area.

displayfireworks1
07-07-2012, 03:00 PM
Welcome to the pyrotalk forums. Congratulations on getting your Type 54 1.3 fireworks license. Thanks for validating the effectiveness of my ATF video package.

Boub
07-07-2012, 03:17 PM
Thanks Dave! I also have to comment on the "magic tape". We went to Uhaul up in Greensburg and picked up 2 rolls of that stuff for setup this year. I will never use anything else! I have never come across a stickier, more effective tape for this purpose. All week we used the tape and have dubbed it "Dave Tape".

BluegrassPyro1
07-07-2012, 06:20 PM
Welcome to the forums!

Boub
07-07-2012, 11:09 PM
Thanks! :)

displayfireworks1
07-08-2012, 12:40 AM
Instead of calling “Dave’s Tape”, the correct slang term is “Dave’s MAGIC Tape”. This was the term given to it by my critics, so we like that one better. LOL

Pyro Nation
07-08-2012, 11:48 PM
Welcome to the forum Fellow PA Pyro!!!

Boub
07-09-2012, 08:48 AM
Thanks! Where in Eastern PA are you? I'm in the Boyertown area

Pyro Nation
07-09-2012, 03:32 PM
Im in Nazareth