PDA

View Full Version : The reason fireworks are banned in NY

$/\/\0|<E
03-04-2011, 12:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyNZpE5tzS0&feature=related

Good 'Ol 1988

johnybmb
03-04-2011, 02:16 PM
well, the reason why fireworks are banned is stupid people in general. in my country, you can only use sparklers and fountains as fireworks, all the good types have been banned because one incredibly stupid moron decided that it would be fun to point a fireworks cake at people, which led to the death of a woman, as one aerial bombette from the cake exploded on contact with her neck and it ruptured her carotid artery, she lost a lot of blood, which killed her... a tragic event, anyway you look at it, but blaming fireworks is wrong, imo. the correct approach would be harsher punishments for the offenders, not banning fireworks...

$/\/\0|<E
03-04-2011, 03:23 PM
well, the reason why fireworks are banned is stupid people in general. in my country, you can only use sparklers and fountains as fireworks, all the good types have been banned because one incredibly stupid moron decided that it would be fun to point a fireworks cake at people, which led to the death of a woman, as one aerial bombette from the cake exploded on contact with her neck and it ruptured her carotid artery, she lost a lot of blood, which killed her... a tragic event, anyway you look at it, but blaming fireworks is wrong, imo. the correct approach would be harsher punishments for the offenders, not banning fireworks...

I agree . I also agree fireworks are not to blame . People are the reason for very strict state laws in states like Cali , NY , Iowa and the others that only allow non colored sparklers .

pyroman
03-04-2011, 03:48 PM
If someone hits you with a brick, do you blame the brick or the brickmaker?
Somehow sports stay legal, even though some die and many are injured annually as a result - far more than with fireworks.
More POLITICAL ACTIVISM and efforts to educate the public by fireworks enthusiasts would be a good idea!