PDA

View Full Version : Best way to light 8000 firecracker roll

BigMO
03-03-2011, 11:47 PM
We always start off our 4th sshow by letting one of the kids light the 8000 firecracker roll! Would you unrooll it or keep it rolled?

cracker
03-04-2011, 12:11 AM
We always start off our 4th sshow by letting one of the kids light the 8000 firecracker roll! Would you unrooll it or keep it rolled?

I would unroll it.

fogle22
03-04-2011, 12:41 AM

We use a 16k roll in the finale...we unroll about 3' and when the fire hits the roll it's madness...adds that great chaos sound to the finale. The kids go crazy when the roll lights.

For you use, I'd unroll a few feet, then let it hit the roll.

PKMF
03-04-2011, 01:11 AM
I am personally not a huge fan of the huge roles because about 1/4 the way through I am praying for it to stop. I have had trouble with the blowing apart and having to re-lite quite a few times. If you do unroll it all the way lite it several times, on each end and a few spots in the center to speed up the pace.

$/\/\0|<E
03-04-2011, 01:35 AM
Roll out a few ft and let er rip ...... Hang it!!!

nrubmx
03-04-2011, 11:21 AM
I like to unroll them about half way and light it and when it gets to the end its like a finale and it just goes crazy.

Shig357
03-04-2011, 08:18 PM
I like to unroll them about half way and light it and when it gets to the end its like a finale and it just goes crazy.

Whenever I buy a roll of firecrackers I do this.

Pyro Nation
03-06-2011, 08:44 PM
Same here. I usually get 2 or 3 - 16,000 rolls.. Take 2 of them and kris kross them for about 10 ft. Leave rest in a pile. Take the 3rd roll and unravel into the same pile and LIGHT IT.

I use it at the beginning of a show

St1dinoh
03-06-2011, 08:57 PM
unroll it, de-paper it, re-roll it.

from there you've got two choices.

1. huge head bomb:

leave the whole thing rolled up, light it, run like hell. most of the roll should go off in under 5 seconds.

2. strip to head bomb:

if you unroll a portion of the de-papered and re-rolled cracker strip it will function like a regular roll, then when it hits the portion of that is still rolled up, it will give you the same head bomb effect. the more you roll out, the smaller the head bomb will be.

for best results, hang the roll as high as you can on a pole or from a tree. the idea is to allow the crackers to function in the air on the way to the ground. crackers going off on the ground will be a bit muffled by the grass, the ones going off in the air will be noticeably louder.

firecrackersam
03-07-2011, 09:38 PM
If you have a metal trash can, just toss it in there, light it and run like hell. Saves a ton of cleanup and makes it sound louder.

$/\/\0|<E
03-08-2011, 02:04 AM
If you have a metal trash can, just toss it in there, light it and run like hell. Saves a ton of cleanup and makes it sound louder.

For what I fork out every year I have a line of people wanting to clean up .........Always hang them it's much better ....

Fireman24
03-12-2011, 07:56 PM
unroll it, de-paper it, re-roll it.

from there you've got two choices.

1. huge head bomb:

leave the whole thing rolled up, light it, run like hell. most of the roll should go off in under 5 seconds.

2. strip to head bomb:

if you unroll a portion of the de-papered and re-rolled cracker strip it will function like a regular roll, then when it hits the portion of that is still rolled up, it will give you the same head bomb effect. the more you roll out, the smaller the head bomb will be.

for best results, hang the roll as high as you can on a pole or from a tree. the idea is to allow the crackers to function in the air on the way to the ground. crackers going off on the ground will be a bit muffled by the grass, the ones going off in the air will be noticeably louder.

Do both of these