PDA

View Full Version : PGI Convention 2012

timtom31
05-19-2012, 02:33 AM
Is anybody from NZ going to the convention this year?

displayfireworks1
08-18-2013, 08:11 PM
Tim
I was great meeting you at the Pyrotechnic Guild International Convention 2013 in United States, thanks for following my videos and thank you for the bottle of champagne for my wife. Once you return home and get settled in please post some pictures and/or video of your fireworks displays.
This a copy and paste of my post from the Display Fireworks section of pyrotalk forums. I hope you enjoy the video and thanks again.
Tim from New Zealand
If you look in the New Zealand section of the pyrotalk forums, you will see a post from a forums member timtom31. He asks the question in the New Zealand section about anyone going to the PGI convention in United States. No one responded. That apparently did not stop him. This is timtom31 from New Zealand in the video.
The champagne was flowing so to speak at one of the camp areas. Someone gave my wife a taste of the champagne. Late that night there was a PGI auction, someone from the PGI gathers donations from vendors at the convention, and the donations are then auctioned off with the proceeds going to the PGI. I donated some pyrotalk T-shirts, others donated fireworks mortars etc. The word was the champagne flowing at the VIP campsite was creamy French champagne. Did this donated bottle of champagne come from that camp area? Was it a fine French champagne with a PGI label on it? I told my wife if I had to bet, it was a regular bottle of California sparkling wine. It did not matter to her it was late and she wanted to win it at that auction. The bottle was starting to be auctioned off, I looked where she was and she was talking to someone, I went over and said are you going to try to get this bottle? Yes she said, I yelled out a bid and the woman running the auction said it was too late, we missed by seconds. My wife said something along the lines of she waited all day hoping to win that bottle of champagne. I did not see who won it, and then a man approaches my wife and insist my wife take the bottle. He refused to accept any money for the bottle. Then I find out he is member of pyrotalk and this is the video that follows.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raa9U5NrhNU

PyroManiacs
08-18-2013, 11:58 PM
Great story!