PDA

View Full Version : BATFE Permittees In Your Area

georgiapyro
05-09-2012, 10:40 AM
Hello all. Just had my interview for my 54 last week! Should have the permit within the next few weeks. On a different note, while speaking to my agent he asked if I had done a search to see who is permitted in my area. We were talking about storage, and seeing as I only have contingency, he was wondering if I could talk to others who have their permit in my area to see if they would allow me to use their stooge facilities. The problem was, he really didn't know how to do a search... Thought it was a little strange that he didn't know how, but that's besides the point.

So, does anyone here know of how to find out information like this? Would love to meet some other permittees in my area and possibly share storage. The place I am using right now will charge a large fee each month if I were to use them. Just figured I'd see if anyone has done this before or would know how to do so.

As always, thanks for the responses!

displayfireworks1
05-09-2012, 08:27 PM
I am currently in possession of a listing of every holder of an ATF Fireworks licensee in United States. I have the listing by state and county across United States. This includes the Type 54 and other fireworks manufacturing and importers licenses’.
Look for a breakdown of this information in one of my future videos/posting. I just have to organize the data into workable numbers

UniversalPyro
05-09-2012, 09:46 PM
so your gonna post all the people on the list? in every state?

J's12talk
05-09-2012, 09:51 PM
That would be a really be a bad idea and if your looking for trouble this should do it.

displayfireworks1
05-09-2012, 10:09 PM
Of course not, that services no useful purpose. The meaningful data is the numbers by state and county. I just need to find an internet site that list all the counties in United States by number.
For example, what county in United States is code 053, also what is 125 etc. I am sure when I find the time I will figure it out. The idea way will be to have a map of each state and the corresponding number of licensee written in each county of that state. Then it can give people some geographic reference to how they stand in their state. My objective continues to be to help people get their license and if they need my help to purchase my ATF video package.

J's12talk
05-09-2012, 10:55 PM
Something that should be kept in mind is the fact that there are people in this world that want to bring harm to the USA. I was just at an ATF seminar up here in NY and they were talking about explosive permit holders of all varietys being possible targets for the bad guys. Making this type of info even more readily available is not wise. Think about it your looking for people from middle eastern countrys to join the forum. What could possibly go wrong. First thing I'd want to know is were the most mags are.

shellshocker
05-10-2012, 07:47 AM
Are you being serious? If Dave can get this info I'll bet you they already have it. I'm sure they have way more time than Dave.

Something that should be kept in mind is the fact that there are people in this world that want to bring harm to the USA. I was just at an ATF seminar up here in NY and they were talking about explosive permit holders of all varietys being possible targets for the bad guys. Making this type of info even more readily available is not wise. Think about it your looking for people from middle eastern countrys to join the forum. What could possibly go wrong. First thing I'd want to know is were the most mags are.

Pyro@Mach13
05-10-2012, 09:36 AM
Are you being serious? If Dave can get this info I'll bet you they already have it. I'm sure they have way more time than Dave.

Yes, he is serious. Why make it easier for them? What help would the list be to us, the back yard enthusiast?

georgiapyro
05-10-2012, 09:50 AM
I didn't realize this would be issue. I guess I never gave the implications of the response too much thought. I just wanted to see who has a permit in my area. Thought it would be a good way to maximize storage opportunities.

shellshocker
05-10-2012, 12:23 PM
Did you read Dave's post? The list already exist. Listed by State and county. What information is he giving that doesn't already exist?

Yes, he is serious. Why make it easier for them? What help would the list be to us, the back yard enthusiast?

J's12talk
05-10-2012, 11:13 PM
Private permit holders do not want any strangers contacting them for storage. It's hard enough to get someone you know to let you store product. Distributors are a different story. Just bringing this up at the club meeting tonight was enough to make them want to load up a van full of guys and head down to his house. No one wants any info broadcast anywhere.

displayfireworks1
05-10-2012, 11:41 PM
Do not worry about terrorist finding your fireworks. Everyone knows terrorist buy fireworks at Phantom Fireworks. Here is the video to prove it. LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O53hSSspO2g
I am always exploring new ground with fireworks. I know it may be uncomfortable to some people but I keep saying fireworks need promoted more than protected. My mission over the years has been to promote enthusiast to get their license to purchase 1.3 fireworks. I get positive feedback all the time from those that purchased my ATF video package. I am hoping to use the statistical numbers on Display Fireworks licensure to continue to promote that goal. If you realize how many people near you have obtained the Type 54 Display Fireworks license I am hoping you may also want to get yours.

Pyro@Mach13
05-11-2012, 09:37 AM
It's hard enough to get someone you know to let you store product.

I would even begin to think of asking.....

Pyro@Mach13
05-11-2012, 09:46 AM
Do not worry about terrorist finding your fireworks. Everyone knows terrorist buy fireworks at Phantom Fireworks. Here is the video to prove it. LOL.

That is not the issue Mr. Dave. I think Jay has expressed how people feel about this, this is one idea you really really need to consider dropping. This is the kind of things that get "the other place" upset. It has nothing to do with jealousy or other things you may think as I told you in person. You are a good man Dave and do great things for fireworks IMO - but sometimes it is things like this that get people upset. Please do not take this wrong, it is not an attack on you in any way shape or form. We all have "blind spots" and it takes others to point them out sometimes. I hope you get that. As iron sharpeneth iron, so does a true friend to a friend.

displayfireworks1
05-11-2012, 06:19 PM
Jay is not expressing how “people” feel; he is expressing how a few people feel. If you read further, he says these “people” are going to load up a van and drive to my house. Does any of this mob mentality sound familiar to you throughout history? Is my behavior being reported to this club? To stereotype people from Middle Eastern countries on the forums is not to cool either. I met fireworks people from all over the world on my youtube channel and I tried to accommodate them all on the forums.
I have mixed feelings about some of these fireworks clubs, a couple of them feel they have been granted the authority to dictate a set of rules everyone in the pyrotechnic world has to follow, they are faceless people that want pyrotechnics to live in secret organizations that slowly trickle out knowledge to you and they determine when it is time for you to be advanced further. Does any of that sound familiar in history?
On the other hand, I have been invited to attend some progressive fireworks clubs and will probably do so in the future. Not all of these clubs are on the same philosophy. Funny thing is most people selling fireworks and related products in United States have given me positive feedback about what I do. Therefore, what interest some of these people using fireworks have in controlling what I say and do about fireworks is up for interpretation.
If nameless statistical data about ATF licensure by state and county across United States is upsetting to anyone, it is an impulsive reaction ahead of the data.

Pyro@Mach13
05-11-2012, 10:00 PM
I understand what you just said Dave. I appreciate you "opening" things up as you do. Could it be the reason why some clubs are as they are is because they need to fly "under the radar" in VERY unfriendly fireworks states?

Keep up your commitment to having fireworks available for everyone. I wish you would go to Albany and get the governor of NY to change his mind. We were his signature away last year from legal safe and sane in NY.

J's12talk
05-11-2012, 10:36 PM
Try to spin it any way you want to Dave.

displayfireworks1
05-11-2012, 10:51 PM
At Mach13

My friendly advice to you is. Do not place yourself in a position where you are making excuses for the behavior of other people. That may be even more so when it is a fireworks club making subtle threats of violence.

J's12talk
05-11-2012, 11:17 PM
Poor, poor, Dave get help.

displayfireworks1
05-11-2012, 11:48 PM
We will see you in a week Jay. It looks like there are 62 various display fireworks license in the state of New York. I am please to know you have one of those 62.
On a positive note Pennsylvania has 337 Type 54's alone.

PyroJoeNEPA
05-12-2012, 10:20 AM
Disappointed in seeing all the friction & strife this thread has brought out:-(

displayfireworks1
05-12-2012, 02:46 PM
This is why I am reluctant to discuss future projects I am working on. The problems always come from one of two fireworks groups here in United States. As far as I can see, they are just users of fireworks like most of us. Why do they care what I do? They accused me of ruining the fireworks hobby, talking about manufacturing fireworks, exploiting a loophole in the ATF fireworks license etc. Do these groups sometimes bring up valid points; yes occasionally they do, but not often. I really do not want that type of anger and threat activity on the pyrotalk forums.
I never get complaints from anyone selling fireworks, many of these distributors of fireworks are advertising with me and encouraging me to visit them. I never get complaints from any professional organizations designed to protect the fireworks industry here in United States. I received one complaint from the ATF and that is only because someone from one of these two groups calls them to turn me in for something.
If I had listened to what these groups, with there self-appointed authority feel I should and should not be posting, I would have stopped making videos at the 50 video mark 4 years ago. My message is simple, buy fireworks, get your license to buy bigger fireworks, learn to use electronic fireworks firing systems, find more occsions to use fireworks, live your dream and work for a professional fireworks display company, check out these cool rockets and let us show you how they are made, join this fireworks club, attend this demo, let me show you how to connect these fireworks together, and look at how much fun fireworks are.

ThunderKing
05-13-2012, 08:37 AM
As someone who may apply for a type 54 I have to ask about this list.
It contains the name and address of every permit holder in the US?
How would someone get this list? Is it on the internet for anyone to see, would a FOIA have to be filed to get it?
I haven't seen the paperwork but is there something in the 54 application that says your permit is a matter of public record?
I, and others I'm sure, are curious as to how this information is being treated as I had never considered what exactly the government might do with this info.

Pyro@Mach13
05-13-2012, 09:26 AM
Hyperbole... a way of emphasizing what you are saying by describing it as far more extreme than it really is!

VFI_Fireworks
05-13-2012, 07:33 PM
Hey let me save the whole world some trouble I have a type 54 in Charleroi Pa and my name is John Vargo, wanna play!!! I got sh!t more deadly than some fireworks for abi dabi hohamid. Wanna play! Come play in my backyard I got nuttin to hide. But I suggest you tread lightly when entering my back 40 you may never be seen in the wooley swamp ever again.

crackerbomb
05-14-2012, 10:19 PM
Hey let me save the whole world some trouble I have a type 54 in Charleroi Pa and my name is John Vargo, wanna play!!! I got sh!t more deadly than some fireworks for abi dabi hohamid. Wanna play! Come play in my backyard I got nuttin to hide. But I suggest you tread lightly when entering my back 40 you may never be seen in the wooley swamp ever again.

And when your done plaing in PA come on over Ohio. The ground is flat and my 50 cal. will say hello to you a mile away.