PDA

View Full Version : Winda

BigMO
03-02-2011, 12:21 AM
Ok guys,
I just got done watch some of the products that Winda will have for 2011. I just want to know if they perform as good as the video shows by the time they hit states. I have not shot alot of winda product, but if all product perform like Pyro Chronicles or SuperBad! Sign me up!

tcape
03-02-2011, 12:29 AM
Because laws concerning the flash comp in consumer fireworks are more lax overseas, most of the time you can expect the product to be a little bit watered down here in the US. I haven't seen the new Winda stuff in person yet, but you might get lucky since sometimes the flash broken product can make it in under the radar.

fogle22
03-02-2011, 12:38 AM
I got word from my wholesaler that Winda's Addicted to Loud may not be available this year. Not sure if it was an issue on Winda's side or if they could not get an EX number.

fatcat
03-02-2011, 12:46 AM
Excuse the "stupid question", but what exactly is "Flash"? From other websights, I got the impression that flash was only used in the display (1.3) stuff. Where did I go wrong? Believe me, the LOUDER AND HIGHER THEY GO, THE BETTER THE CROWD LIKES THEM

Pyro Nation
03-02-2011, 01:08 AM
Never tried Winda... I may have to now.

BigMO
03-02-2011, 02:02 AM
Does Winda have a cake named Pyro Chronicles? I guess I need to take a look for it.

Pyro Heaven maybe????

My fault your right! Too much Firework talk!

fireworksman74
03-02-2011, 11:23 AM
THE 2011 pyro candy,panic attack shells and all of windas big cakes are being made by vanguard/gungfu the company that makes the just for professional shells! and all the product they produce is top notch stuff and a guaranteed crowd/pyro pleaser

$/\/\0|<E
03-02-2011, 12:09 PM
Still waiting on my catalog and dvd

tcape
03-02-2011, 01:15 PM
Excuse the "stupid question", but what exactly is "Flash"? From other websights, I got the impression that flash was only used in the display (1.3) stuff. Where did I go wrong? Believe me, the LOUDER AND HIGHER THEY GO, THE BETTER THE CROWD LIKES THEM

Flash powder is used in salutes (the loud, white flash). It's more powerful than black powder, but much more sensitive. There's a 130mg limit in consumer aerials (someone correct me if I'm wrong) here in the US, which isn't enough to really be noticable, but sometimes factories overseas use more than that in products that are shipped here mostly in order to get importers to buy that product again. The importers usually don't necessarily know that they are getting flash-broke product until it's stateside, though.

$/\/\0|<E
03-02-2011, 01:53 PM
flash powder is used in salutes (the loud, white flash). It's more powerful than black powder, but much more sensitive. There's a 130mg limit in consumer aerials (someone correct me if i'm wrong) here in the us, which isn't enough to really be noticable, but sometimes factories overseas use more than that in products that are shipped here mostly in order to get importers to buy that product again. The importers usually don't necessarily know that they are getting flash-broke product until it's stateside, though.

amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fatcat
03-02-2011, 02:54 PM
thanks for the explanation tcape. I appreciate it and I learned something

fogle22
03-02-2011, 06:17 PM

The "flash" is the bright white flash when the shell breaks. In the US, the larger flashes can only be found in 1.3g products or OL 1.4g. Check out Epic's version of Open Fire by Brothers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xv8-hCxk_lA

Now look at the version sold in the US:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAAuquOvB-Y

There is a noticable different in the flash and loudness of the break.

Hope this helps.

lonny
03-04-2011, 03:56 AM
Pyro Chronicles is a Legend NOAB.Not a Winda item.

lonny
03-04-2011, 04:10 AM
Still waiting on my catalog and dvd

Got DVD and Catalog a while back.There new stuff looks very good.I always tend to think Winda gets less popularity than it should.
Compared to W/C , Brothers and Dominator.

I have shot Winda for the last 3 years and they do have some very good items.

I have a thing for Country Thunder so I have had it for the last 3 years.

I suppose it reminds alot of Cannon Cyborg Duel of course Victory has one that looks close also.

Tuff Stuff ,Jail Bait Reach For the Sky all good.

Palermitano2
03-06-2011, 07:56 PM
I saw this video not sure what to make of it. I always thought winda made a decent product. not sure what to make of it.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4Kp4If5mas

Palermitano2
04-20-2011, 03:39 PM
I didnt get any response to this so I wanted to try and bring it back to life. any feedback??????????

BigMO
04-20-2011, 04:02 PM
Palermitano2,
I think that there is a lot of that stuff going around. Not just from winda, but also from victory and black cat and several others. They try to find the cheapest way to manufacturer product. I am not surprised by this. To change the topic slightly, has anyone been able to see Super Bad (Winda) 500 gram cake in person yet? From the video catalog it looks incredible.

indianahx
04-20-2011, 06:20 PM
I have also seen a kit called "a dozen doubles"....to me meaning twelve double shot breaks. There are physically 2 shells in the kit that are doubles. The others look like the shells in the video and a few even have canister-looking paper around them that just pulls right off. They look ridiculously cheaply made and are just like festival balls.

Palermitano2
04-20-2011, 06:32 PM
I have also seen a kit called "a dozen doubles"....to me meaning twelve double shot breaks. There are physically 2 shells in the kit that are doubles. The others look like the shells in the video and a few even have canister-looking paper around them that just pulls right off. They look ridiculously cheaply made and are just like festival balls.

Great Feedback we fellow pyros need to communicate this sort of stuff.so we dont get taken! nothing against Winda I use several of their cakes....

indianahx
04-20-2011, 09:23 PM
Just to add....the dozen doubles kit was not a winda product....just an example...

J's12talk
04-20-2011, 09:42 PM
Winda has some nice product, Perfect round is a N.O.A.B. that can't be beat. Other cakes that I would recommend are; Road To America, Fiber Age, Pyro Club, Total Ignition, Fire Fox, Cherry Bomber, Super Sized, Thump Junkie, Jail Bait, Strong Man. Opinions may vary but I guarantee Perfect Round is a must buy.

Rocketshooter
04-21-2011, 02:13 PM
I saw this video not sure what to make of it. I always thought winda made a decent product. not sure what to make of it.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4Kp4If5mas

I found this video very enlightening as I had a similar experience last year. I purchased a case of Winda's Ghost Killer canister shells based on good reviews found on several pyro sites. Well low and behold, they were exactly like those in the video,canisters with ball shells inside. While they were ok shells, I could have gotten much better shells for what I paid for them. I have had good luck with the cakes I purchased from Winda so far, but I doubt that I'll be purchasing any more shells.

Palermitano2
04-21-2011, 07:31 PM
Perfect Round is a must buy I agree . super sized as well!

wing commander
04-23-2011, 12:54 AM
Let There Be Zoom is a nice shot this season. 25 shot zipper/fan.

Shig357
04-23-2011, 01:46 PM

LoL I made that video. I was so pissed when I found out they were ball shells, waste of $40. They did have some nice effects and came with 3 cardboard mortars but I would only buy them again if they were like $20.

Palermitano2
04-23-2011, 02:52 PM
LoL I made that video. I was so pissed when I found out they were ball shells, waste of $40. They did have some nice effects and came with 3 cardboard mortars but I would only buy them again if they were like $20.

Priceless you never know who your gonna run into....lol.....after i saw this video i went and cut 3 different flavor cannisters that I had to make sure I didnt get gaffed.

SITHADMIRAL
04-24-2011, 04:48 PM
I just took apart a warlock canister shell. It measures 4 1/2 inches long and 2 1/2 inches were filled with comp, the rest of the shell contained 1/8 inch orange gravel. The box does say 60 grams of comp. Haven't had a chance to weight the comp yet. The canister does look impressive at 4 1/2 inches long.