PDA

View Full Version : No mortar needed

displayfireworks1
04-23-2012, 10:56 PM
Not all people in China use a mortar to shoot their display shells. This video is from China. You always hear they shoot fireworks in the streets all the time. I have a feeling this guy was surprised to see what happened.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhmXSzKZCso

Pyro Nation
04-23-2012, 11:47 PM
OMG..... Freaking insane.... I think there was someone this past weekend who wanted to try that

crackerbomb
04-24-2012, 12:17 AM
What is the injury rate in China for people shooting fireworks...... it has to be a high percentage....

indianahx
04-24-2012, 07:40 AM
I use to do that with can shells when I lived in the middle of nowhere.....totally different sensation with it going off on the ground.

PyroJoeNEPA
04-24-2012, 10:54 AM
If you translate the Chinese I think he hollered "is my back on fire?" LOL

Palermitano2
04-24-2012, 07:26 PM

Lmao.......

Steviet000
04-24-2012, 08:13 PM

Holy crap was that freakin funny! Anytime I shoot just about I can hear Dave saying that.

wpman321
04-24-2012, 09:28 PM
absolutely crazy!

J's12talk
04-24-2012, 10:08 PM
While I was at Kellners demo I was talking with the sales manager. She brought up the fact that someone called in stating that he just got his type54 permit and wanted to know if he could buy a 12" shell. She told him he could then he asked if he needed a tube to shoot it or if he could just light it on the ground. Next time you hear me say that you should have training and experience before getting your type 54 permit think about this. When I was shooting those large shells I had the experience and training to assess the risks. The mortars were buried an escape route was open, I was wearing proper protection and knew the product I was shooting. I've spent my time in the emergency room when things do go wrong. All of this I weighed before I made my decision. Getting a type 54 permit is something that should not be taken lightly, knowledge and experience is the key to survival.

crackerbomb
04-25-2012, 01:13 AM
While I was at Kellners demo I was talking with the sales manager. She brought up the fact that someone called in stating that he just got his type54 permit and wanted to know if he could buy a 12" shell. She told him he could then he asked if he needed a tube to shoot it or if he could just light it on the ground. Next time you hear me say that you should have training and experience before getting your type 54 permit think about this. When I was shooting those large shells I had the experience and training to assess the risks. The mortars were buried an escape route was open, I was wearing proper protection and knew the product I was shooting. I've spent my time in the emergency room when things do go wrong. All of this I weighed before I made my decision. Getting a type 54 permit is something that should not be taken lightly, knowledge and experience is the key to survival.

That blows my mind.... how could someone get a 54 and not know any better?????????????

Pyro@Mach13
04-25-2012, 10:19 AM
OMG..... Freaking insane.... I think there was someone this past weekend who wanted to try that

Indeed, crazy....

Was that someone you? haha

indianahx
04-25-2012, 11:44 AM
That blows my mind.... how could someone get a 54 and not know any better?????????????

Bc all they do is fill out paperwork....the 'guvment doesn't care if you're knowledgeable or proficient and this proves it.

indianahx
04-25-2012, 11:47 AM

Couldn't have been said better J.

blown2bits
04-25-2012, 07:39 PM
is my face on fire?