PDA

View Full Version : need some music help

jmar199
04-22-2012, 05:10 PM
i need some suggestions on music or songs to shoot to. i'm doing a show to music in a few weeks, could be my last one for a few years. would like to make it a show to remember. i know this is the right place to get some great suggestions.

PyroJoeNEPA
04-23-2012, 11:36 AM
It would help to know if you have a theme in mind for the shoot--is it a party, picnic, family gathering, wedding, etc. Also, what is the approximate time of the show?

jmar199
04-23-2012, 11:27 PM
we always have a big get together every summer with a fireworks show. it is memorial weekend

jmar199
04-24-2012, 09:43 PM
i think i'm going to open with ladies and gentlemen by saliva. i'm going to use welcome to the jungle by guns n roses for the finale and second chance by shinedown before that. i'm not using the full songs. about 2 mins per song. need alot of help in between. about 6 mins worth

PyroJoeNEPA
04-25-2012, 11:43 AM
What I do when I script a pyro musical is look at the time line-then look at the product I plan on shooting, get an approximate "burn time" for each product, and then see what effects I want for the opener, body of the show, false finale [if I do one] & the finale. When you have a diversified age crowd the music tastes will vary greatly--from classic rock, heavy metal, country, & patriotic songs...no, I don't use rap!!! LOL
Then I look at the effects in the body of the show--what would sound good with a barrage of crossette cakes, what works with a candle battery, zipper cakes, etc. The key is making the mood of the music fit in with the effects you are putting up in the sky. Specific songs are up to your taste in music & what you think your audience would like.
My family picnic & pyro musical is always around the July 4th date, so I do a segment of patriotic songs & a tribute to the armed forces. There is an incredible amount of music out there that can fill the show for you. You are right on not using entire songs--that takes too long & gets boring--use short segments that will flow together & transition your themes.