PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks Documentary Video

displayfireworks1
04-12-2012, 10:16 AM
Here is cool documentary video about fireworks. The video is around 54 minutes. It is an older program because it has a section with Zambelli Fireworks doing the fireworks display for the final baseball game at Three River Stadium in Pittsburgh. I believe the year was 2000. If I remember correctly, I was working the roof of the stadium that night. In addition to the great fireworks that night, “Rocket Man” was there. This is a man that has a jet pack strapped to his back and flies in the air. I remember they announced he was going to fly home plate over to the new stadium that was nearing completion a short distance away. He picked up home plate and started flying in the air. He landed on the room of the stadium right next to us on a dimly lite pad. Inside the stadium, they played a previously recorded clip on the large monitor showing him walking in the new stadium and setting down the home plate on the new field. Everyone believed he actually flew over to the new stadium which was a ˝ mile away. It was a fabulous illusion because he was on the roof right next to us but they never knew.
You will also see the FireOne fireworks firing system was not the “Two Wire” system it is today. It was using a multi-strand cable. When FireOne used those cables there were problems right at the clip sections. Replacing those connections were common. Now all of that communication goes into standard lamp wire or two wires.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ypRGd8mupQ
Unforgettable: Three Rivers leaves legacy of baseball memories
http://old.post-gazette.com/pirates/20001006trlastone2.asp

Pyro Nation
04-12-2012, 09:55 PM
AWESOME Video... Kind of wish I lived near New Castle, PA...lol

PennPyro70
04-12-2012, 10:26 PM
great video... they said that the show in boston is the biggest at 3 1/2 ton hows thunder over louisville compare? Any Idea from anyone?

PennPyro70
04-12-2012, 11:43 PM
well found a video that answers my queston. ill post the vid in a new thread.