PDA

View Full Version : Thunder Prince?

Karazee
03-01-2011, 03:32 AM
Just saw this on YouTube. I saw Dave post that those are 1.3. I've heard of 100 shot Thunder Kings, but if you're 1.3 with a Type 54, wouldn't you just buy the more exciting 100 shot? It seems to me something small like this would be more attractive to 1.4 consumer/enthusiast. You know, the "good" stuff. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3LlRQlVVMU

Pyro Nation
03-01-2011, 04:07 AM
Very nice.....

uraniumsalute
03-01-2011, 04:34 AM
If you want to have a wall of effects, 2 cases ($120-130) of 12/1 25 shot thunderkings is more economical than buying 4/1 100s thunderking cases around $80ish each. So it really all depends on the desired effect, and your budget.

Karazee
03-01-2011, 04:40 PM
Ok, I can see that. I guess I assumed if you're a 1.3 guy, you'd have more money to spend than the 1.4 guy. :) But anyway, whenever I've seen that video, I always assumed Dave talking about those other TKs out there I see on YouTube that are labeled as 1.4g (color label, etc.), but are really underpowered 1.3. Other clues were that he put plain brown wrappers on the cakes, but all 1.3 I've ever seen are plain brown wrappers anyway, so why is there a need to cover that up? The other clue was his two TKs had normal visco fuse, when every real 1.3 TK I've ever seen uses quickmatch and a visco leader. Yet another clue was that he asked people not to reveal the sources of these, when there are many 1.3 websites that list their prices right there and you can buy as long as you had a license. There's no secret there. I'm no 1.3 expert, but I hope you can see why I'm confused as to what those really are.

Maybe Dave (DisplayFireworks1) can elaborate on this?